10 - OUTSIDERS

Back in the ancient times of Takaran beliefs, Outsiders are all part of the Takaran people. They belong in the highest class but are considered greedy. They became arrogant and selfish since they all wanted the island's treasure. Guardians, Gods, and royal officials flushed them away from Takara, to the farthest planet. It took years for them to rebel once again. 

Until King Zankoku showed.

"Well, I guess this is it. Once the machine's power turns green, it already protected sixty-five percent of Ooo." Princess Bubblegum laid her glasses on a desk outside the Candy Kingdom while Peppermint Butler gives out a glass of milk.

On the other hand, Finn and Jane planned to attack them once they arrive on Ooo. As for Y/n, she sat on the bench nearby, thinking how it changed Ooo so bad when she arrived. 

Jane could be her only hope but if things get out off-hand, she might as well be the next member to sacrifice.

"I hope you're doing fine." Finn approached her, holding his sword in both hands. He sat up next to her, looking at Y/n's eyes worriedly. He hid his sword behind before asking her the same question. The sun's light shone on each face, eyes glimmering from its reflection whilst they stare at each other awkwardly. 

"I'm worried about Jane because I might lose her too." she fiddled with her fingers uncontrollably, small tears forming on the corner of her eyes.

"When a person sacrifices for their safety, you'll realize how they love you. If you lose someone, you must know how to accept it and stand on your own." Finn comforted (Y/n) while she stared at him, enlightened by the words he said.

"Have you lost someone you loved?" Finn stiffened his back, surprised by her question. He did lose someone because of his curiosity and negligence; He didn't think well of the consequences of his actions.

"Flame Princess."

"Who now?"

"She was my girlfriend."

"You mean, you loved a fire?" Finn nodded, "A very long story, though."

"HEY THERE!"

"Gah! Marceline, what are you doing here?" The vampire queen floated between them, intervening in a flowing conversation.

"Geez, I was going to ask that question too." Finn snorted then muttered how rude she was to interrupt a conversation.

"Oh, hey! I didn't see you there. I'm Marceline the Vampire Queen." Y/n smiled then moved a little away from the mischievous vampire who was looking at her curiously. "Y/n," she lets out a small simple wave.

Marceline already sensed her reaction so she reassured her in a soft tone, scaring her jokingly.

"Oh, it's a human," she hissed teasingly. Y/n moved away from her again, leaving a distance between them. They laughed at her flamboyantly and told her the reason why she doesn't suck blood. "Oh, sorry. I kind of misunderstood that." Y/n smiled sheepishly then was interrupted by Marceline asking the same question before.

"Oh, there you are Marceline." Princess Bubblegum interrupted. "I called you because we need your help. Ooo is apparently in an immediate attack."

"So that explains why the sky turned green."

"Mhm."

"But, can you tell me what actually happened before this?" Princess Bubblegum deadpanned then started telling Marceline everything, from the very beginning.

❇ ❇ ❇

Meanwhile...

"Here we are, sir."

"What is this?" Hirohito touched the wobbling green void that prevented them from entering the surface of the forest towards the Candy Kingdom. He commanded their first recruit to tell the other members to find a route away from the void. He called his other members and commanded them to investigate a route. 

"Neil, report to me if any of them disrespected my order. If anything happens out offhand, I'm putting you in charge." Hirohito patted his back and pushed Neil away from him lightly.

---

The outsiders realized that there's no other way around. Everyone felt exhausted the fact that it turned almost noon to finish their duty. They decided to report it to their first recruit, then to Neil, who slept under a tree. 

"Sir..." Neil shook his head then rubbed his eyes tiringly. "We have concluded that there's a void protecting the island. Our weapons don't seem to break the barrier." 

Neil walked near the void to touch it with his hands. "What could be its weakness..." He pondered then glanced at the things he perceives.

He leaned against the void then started thinking for a plan to enter the other side. 

A loud piercing sound is heard. He searched for a possible object that collided with the void and created an electrifying shocking wave.

"Hey, give me that!" One of his members pushed a man near him, lending a taser to their assistant leader. The outsiders started mocking their members but were stopped by Neil when he found out that the taser is the reason why it moved.

"If this made the void unusual, then electricity will break the source of the void." 

"Stay back!" he ordered.

"This will be a little stingy..."

He tasered the green wobbly void and the machine absorbed the electrifying wave. Everyone saw it fade until it was completely gone.

Once the outsiders made their way to the forest, they exclaimed in between the beats of their feet, rejoicing at the thought of capturing the last inheritor.

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited