Chapter Three

"Miki, don't forget these, you feckin' idiot." Michiko growls, chucking up a piece of intertwined, black leather towards him. His body still concealed within the hood of Valvia's overcoat. His tail fires out and grasps the material, however, most of his body stays hidden, wrapped around her neck.

His tail wraps around the front of Valvia's neck, his paws appearing and taking the material from his tail. His movements slow, as to not slice the two slick daggers against Valvia's skin or overcoat. "Calm it, little sis." He coos teasingly, pulling apart the material to show a pair of metal infused gloves in which he easily slides on, the claws poking through the gaps.

Michiko snarls, eyes ablaze with the term. "Relax... Michiko, you should go back to the room and you have reading to do." Valvia murmurs softly, leaning down and petting her head gently. The female exceed huffs in response, seeing the golden eyes of her brother shining from the darkness he's concealed in.

"Don't you dare hold them back!" Michiko snaps, turning around and pointing a painted claw towards Nata, Shinju and Coa who are all stretching. "I'll see you both soon." She murmurs, glancing at the two on her left. Without giving any consent, or time to speak, she leaves swiftly through the door, slamming it behind her.

"If we lose, we are screwed." Coa mutters, scratching the back of his head and heaving a sigh. Nata grumbling and pulling her hair into two, twin tails. "Are you seriously going to hitch a ride?" His stare pointed towards Valvia who barely sways as she glances out the only window in the plain, stone room.

The everlasting glow of the Crocus's lights shining bright. However, you can easily tell the rooms in which each team of every guild who are participating are currently resided in. Waiting... Bored... Silent...

"Jealous?" Miki mutters, "I will give her directions, simple so." His paws vanish into the depths of the hood as a loud alarm fires throughout the room. Coa, Nata and Shinju instantly reaching to cover their ears and shouting curses violently.

"Hey! Valviaaaa!" Shinju whines, releasing her ears as the alarm shuts off, the lacrima against the eastern wall glowing bright before a hologram materialises in the centre of the room. "How come you didn't cover your ears!? Shouldn't your hearing be heightened to accommodate your lack of sight?"

Miki growls in response, just as Mato, the Grand Magic Games' personal mascot appears through the blinking, and flashing blue, his body blurring to begin but the hologram gives all easy yet perfect details. "Why hello all you guild teams!" He grins, waving his white gloved hand in the air while the other hand grasps the microphone.

"Despite seeing him in the newspaper back home... He's very eccentric." Nata yawns, tightening the body warmer around her torso to keep her warm from the slowly dropping temperature from the night outside.

"This years' elimination round will contradict most of the others! As it will be fatal, dangerous and once you begin, until you finish, you won't be able to return to your everyday life! Even after the eight teams have been discovered!" Above his head, a blue board appears, with many, many emblems from guilds.

"How rude... Ours is so far down." Miki mutters, adjusting in his position, his tail tightening around her neck in a tense movement. "All the main guilds are up there though... Interesting. Michiko will be happy." He continues, his tail dropping down the overcoat and slides side to side just below Valvia's breasts. The daggers glistening with a pristine shine.

"While the last elimination round was called Sky Labyrinth, this years' is called Pipes!" Mato cheers, waving his mic, bouncing from his left foot, to his right. As if on cue, the blue glow of the hologram fires down, expanding wildly along the ground.