Chapter 11

When Monday rolled around, I tried my best to go through my day as though I wasn't anxious by the stares people gave me.

After the little show I put up, people somehow came to the conclusion that Maddison and I were together, that Maddison had done to me what she did to the other girls and suddenly I was under a magnifying glass, being picked apart by pretty much every single person in Year 12 and 13.

Funny thing was, I didn't even like Maddison, not like that anyway. I didn't think I did, anyway. I mean, Maddison was pretty and she had that smooth way to make people feel special without even trying but I didn't like her like that.

Fair enough, the only person I ever even came close to liking was Sam, so I had little to none experience in the whole liking department but— I'd like to think if I liked someone, I'd know. And I know that Maddison, aside from a blinding irritation at times, the only other feeling she's ever made me feel is... familiarity.

And because of all the gossip around the school, Luna, the girl that seemed interested in me... was surely not interested in the drama.

"We need to talk," Danny's voice startled me.

He stood in front of me, his shoulders broad and arms crossed over his chest. His dark brown roots were starting to grow and the dark purple hair was starting to fade a little.

"I'm all ears," I smiled, trying to walk past him, but he wouldn't let me through. If I stepped to the right, he'd step to the right. I tilted my head, chucking. "What is with you today?"

"We need to talk," He repeated. I stopped moving and stared up at him.

"I know, you said that already..." I chuckled, his face remained serious though. "Does our talk require me to be late for class?"

"We're not going to class."

I snorted and tried to move away from him. Danny grabbed me by my arm to stop me.

"Are you serious?" I asked, taking him in with a bored stare. He nodded. "But Danny, we have exams soon... we need to show—"

Danny leaned closer to me and whispered something that made my heart drop to my feet. "Did you sleep with Maddison?"

I looked up to stare at my best friend. His thick eyebrows were drawn together, he had a little scar underneath his left eye at the far end. His eyelashes were ridiculously long. His brown eyes were deep and warm. He had freckles along his cheeks, beauty marks were aligned so well that when I was a child, I thought he had drawn them on. He was tensing his jawline, waiting for me to answer.

Daniel was handsome, I could see why he was sort of popular around the girls.

I lifted my hands up to his cheeks, I cupped him and brought him closer, making him lean down.

Danny's eyes widen as my right hand slid down his neck until I was grabbing him by the hair at the back of his head.

"Tell me something," I wondered, looking at his brown eyes now that we were finally on the same eye level. "Are you stupid or...?"

Daniel groaned, grabbing my hands and forcing them off his face and hair. His looked at me with frustration all over his eyes, glaring as he rubbed the back of his head. He looked a little embarrassed, a little angry, a little amused.

"Do you have to do that in public?" He asked, a hint of a smile on his lips as he looked around.

"No, but sometimes I do wonder if there's something wrong with you, I just have to make sure and have you here, eye to eye to see—"