Chapter 65: Siberia

Team: Jessica Jones, Trish Walker, Iron Man, Black Panther, Daredevil

Jessica was searching for Kilgrave, that was her mission. She knew that everyone wanted her to be a hero, but that wasn't in her nature, she couldn't be a hero. So when she saw the people that were dying at the hands of Kilgrave's warriors, she put that thought to the back of her mind. She couldn't concentrate on anything but Kilgrave. If she let her feelings get involved, that was it, mission over. Trish had followed her there, not wanting to be home in New York doing nothing. As she saw the death and destruction that had been caused, she was growing to regret her decision.

***

When T'Challa received a call from Iron Man, asking him to help save the civilians of Siberia from a deranged Super Soldier, he couldn't help but feel like Bucky was somehow involved. Ever since he let Bucky leave Wakanda, he had regretted his decision to let everything go so quickly. Bucky may not have killed his father, but there was something within him that could turn him into a murderer, something that definitely shouldn't have been ignored. But right now, he had to deal with the problem at hand. When he'd taken on the role as the Black Panther, he'd made the decision to protect civilians, all civilians, from any natural or supernatural entity that could cause them harm. He couldn't rightfully leave this place until all was safe, he had to do his father proud. So as a member of the army ran past him, he dug his Vibranium claws into the Soldier's chest, taking a slight pleasure in seeing the light leave his eyes as he fell to the ground. Then he ran to the next one, ready to kill.

***

Matt Murdock knew he shouldn't be there. After all, no one even knew who he was, much less that he had powers that could help. When he'd represented Rogue, he knew that she was telling the truth about the events that had occurred, he could hear her heartbeat, he knew that Kilgrave existed. What he didn't know, was that he would somehow get himself involved in this situation.

From the sound of screams, he knew he was in the right place. He felt snow underfoot, and heard the continuous trudge of people running past him, desperate to get to a safe place. But one set of footsteps was slower than all the others, and this is the one he focused on. The steps were steadfast, confident, this person knew what they were doing. Dressed in black, with a black mask over his face, Matt stood out like a sore thumb and the Soldier noticed him instantly. Walking slowly behind him, he raised a fist, ready to take him out. But Matt was too quick for him, spinning around and hitting him quickly. They fought, each blocking the other's moves. Both fought with training when they had received little to none. Matt thought back to all the boxing matches that he'd seen his dad compete in when he was a kid. He copied those moves as best he could, each hit striking a hard blow to the Soldier, who was defenceless against the moves that he hadn't been trained to fight against. He might have landed a punch or kick here and there, but Matt outmatched him in every way and he knew it. But he couldn't surrender, the head of the army had made it clear that the last thing they could do was surrender, they should die before they gave up. So he stopped fighting and started running. Unluckily for him, Matt had taken this time to memorise the Soldier's footsteps, he could pick them out in a crowd. He ran after the familiar sound, kicking the soldier in the back and punching him again. One more punch and the soldier was out, Matt could tell by listening to his heartbeat. He wasn't a murderer; this was all he needed.

***

Tony Stark tasked himself with being the one to take out the leader of the pack, the Super Soldier. After all, he was Iron Man! Thanks to a few suit upgrades, tracking the Soldiers was easy. He found the Super Soldier in no time, using his replusor beams as a distraction, to focus the Super Soldier's attention on him and not the civilians fleeing for their lives. He stayed in the air, knowing that this gave him the advantage – of all the things the soldiers could do, they had never known how to fly. He didn't even have to get near the the Soldier to take him out. His new weapons allowed him to encase the Super Soldier in rope, reducing all movement. He tried to struggle out of the rope, but it wouldn't give. When he stopped wriggling, Stark flew to the ground, picked up the Soldier, and carried him back to his jet – why kill a Super Soldier when you can experiment on one?

***

The search for Kilgrave was still ongoing. Jessica and Trish had looked in the place that Rogue told them about, the place where the Super Soldiers were all kept. It was clear that Kilgrave wasn't there, and there was no sign of Bucky either. In her eyes, a waste of a trip. The only reason she'd come to Siberia in the first place was to get her hands on the son-of-a-bitch who had tried to destroy her life.

"When all this is over, we should move. Get out of New York," Trish said. They were sitting on a mountain, looking down at the chaos below them. Jessica was sulking; her mission had been unsuccessful.

"You should move. I belong in New York."

"Jess, you didn't sign up for this," Trish reminded her. "We're gonna find Kilgrave. But after we do... after you kill him, you need to get back to normality."

"I don't even know what normality is," Jessica argued. "Kilgrave's been in my life for so long... I can't even imagine what it will be like when he's dead."

"It will be... free," Trish said with a smile. "But right now, you need to go be a hero." She pointed down the mountain.

"You always know how to kill the mood," Jessica said with a scowl, turning away from Trish. A second later, the sound of a gunshot was ringing in her ears. She quickly stood to see Trish fall to the ground, blood pouring from her chest. "Trish!" she screamed, torn between cradling her and running after the soldier who'd inflicted the damage. Instinct took over, and she knelt to the ground, pulling Trish's head onto her lap. "Trish, please be OK." Tears poured down her face. "Trish, please. I can't do this without you. I can't be a hero without you."

As Trish's body went still, Jessica wiped her eyes furiously and sobbed. This was Kilgrave's fault, he caused this. And she was damn sure that she'd make him pay.

****************************************

Thank you for reading! Another one bites the dust!

How are you finding these third person chapters? Are you sad about the deaths?

Vote, share and leave me a comment if you liked it! xx