Empty Child Pt 2

I owe you guys an update. It's been too long, but I have finally graduated high school so I am pretty much free. Other than those nights I have to work. So onto the story. Also I am not going to be following Rose with this part of the chapter.

Sloan eyed the ringing phone wearily pretty much hiding herself behind the Doctor. As much as she liked those phones around Halloween but it wasn't Halloween and this time she knew it wasn't a fake phone.  "It's him. He can make phones ring. He can. Just like with that police box you saw." Nancy said looking at the two of them. As the phone rang the Doctor picks it up. 

"Are you my mummy?" the voice asks and Nancy rushes forward to hang up the phone. No sooner had she hung up the phone the radio goes off. The three of them rush into the dining room where the radio was stationed. Along with the music a voice could be heard "Mummy? Please let me in, mummy." The Doctor fiddled with the radio dials trying to turn it off only for a clockwork monkey starts up. The Doctor left the radio to pick up the monkey.

"Mummy, mummy, mummy." Sloan clutched onto the Doctor's arm, as much as she loved traveling this was something she hated. There were reasons she hated scary movies... This was turning out to be one.

"You stay if you want to." Nancy told him freaked out herself. The Doctor along with Sloan followed Nancy into the hall, but she turns to leave out the back door a little hand is through the letterbox again. Sloan noted the scar... She'd never seen one like it.

"Mummy? Let me in please, mummy." The voice said and the Doctor squatted to be face level to the letterbox  "Please let me in." And that broke Sloan, she was behind the Doctor but she had tears in her eyes. She remembered when her aunt was out and when she and Amy accidentally locked themselves out. They had come up with pretty inventive ways of getting back in.

"Your mummy isn't here." The Doctor said carefully and Sloan noted how the music and the clattering monkey weren't making noise anymore.

"Are you my mummy?" The child asked again.

"No mummies here." The Doctor said then looked to Sloan "None yet anyway... Nobody here but us chickens. Well, this chicken."

"I'm scared." The voice said making Sloan's eyes widen. She remembered all she wanted to do when she was scared was be with her mum, but she doesn't have a mum.

The Doctor not noticing Sloan's internal inquiry asked "Why are those other children frightened of you?"

The child didn't answer his question "Please let me in, mummy. I'm scared of the bombs." Just as Sloan was going to rush to open the door the Doctor stopped her. There was a reason those kids and Nancy were afraid of this child, he just couldn't figure out what, but saying that he was scared. That struck something inside him he wasn't going to let that child stay outside. 

"Okay. I'm opening the door now." He tells the child and the hand is slowly removed and the Doctor reaches forward and unbolts the bottom lock before standing and unlocking the rest. When the door is opened the child wasn't there and the street is deserted. Sloan looked at the Doctor with confusion but all she got was his hand around hers as he pulled her into more of the street. They find Nancy running off and followed behind her but more at a distance to the tracks and then finally to the little hide out of hers. She stands up to see both Sloan and the Doctor smiling at her still holding hands.

"How'd you follow me here?" She pretty much demands of them.

"I'm good at following, me. Got the nose for it." The Doctor told her, making Sloan smile a little.

"People can't usually follow me if I don't want them to."

"My nose has special powers." He explained making Sloan try really hard to hold back her laughs.