Chapter Seven♥

A/N – This chapter is dedicated to bwitcomb for coming up with J squared! I loved all of your ship names – JJ and Jaded especially, but I just thought J squared as so cute! Although I will probably use all of your ship names in the future chapters!

   “Your Mum said what?” Edward yelled as Violet and Lucy gasped in unison.

            I nodded grimly into the webcam, watching as my friends faces morphed into masks of shock horror.  It was a Sunday evening and two minutes before my secret Skype call, my Mum had come into my room and delivered me with the worst punishment imaginable – I was banned from seeing my friend, excluding school of course, for two whole weeks.

            “Why didn’t she just ground you or something?” Violet exclaimed.

            “She’s a smart woman; if she had grounded me I would have still been able to invite you guys over to my house. She knew that I wouldn’t have cared if she had taken away my phone or laptop, so she decided to take my friends away.” I sighed glumly.

            “No offence Shorty,” Lucy shrugged, “But your Mum is kind of the devil.”

            In any other situation I would have jumped to my Mum’s defense, yes she was a little mental and was a major neat freak, but she was still the best Mum in the world, but in this case, I was forced to agree with Lucy.

            “What are you going to do without us for two weeks?” Edward questioned unhappily.

            I had to laugh at his forlorn expression; it was nice to know that my friends were just as upset with my punishment as I was.

          “I have no idea,” I confessed.

          “Fester and die?” Edward joked.

          I rolled my eyes at him but he only chuckled, Lucy and Violet joining in. I opened my mouth to say something but stopped abruptly when I heard a pair of footsteps climbing the stairs. I quickly said goodbye to my friends and slammed down the screen of my laptop. If Mum caught me speaking to my friends only two minutes after she had announced my punishment, she would go apeshit on my arse. 

          “Oh it’s you.” I sighed with relief when Adrianna burst through my door.

          “Yeah, I have decided to grace you with my presence.” Adrianna snapped moodily.

         I held my tongue and decided that it was better to be civilized with my little sister. She had arrived home late last night, I had been the only one awake seen as I was transfixed on my latest obsession which was the TV program Skins. Adrianna had stumbled inside, her clothes creased and her breath reeking of alcohol. She had been mumbling drunkenly, her eyes glaring at me accusingly. I had managed to put her to bed, and seen as Mum and Dad had said nothing over breakfast; it seemed that Adrianna had gotten away with her rebellious antics.

           “What do you want?” I questioned. I leaned against the headboard of my bed and raised my eyebrows at her expectantly.

           “I need you to cover for me.” Adrianna finally blurted out.

            I frowned in confusion, “Why?”

            “Wouldn’t you like to know!” Adrianna scoffed nastily.

             “Don’t you think you should treat me with some respect seen as you are asking me for a favour?” I reminded her.

             She huffed and crossed her arms, “Fine,” She sighed, “Will you cover for me please?”