Chapter 16

Heyyyyy guys :D

So I won the Wattys in Mystery/Thriller On the Rise! :) Thank you to EVERYONE who voted and supported..best fans ever! :D

This is probably longg overdue but this chappy's dedicated to Monty_x for making the amazing trailer to the side :) 

And finally, after what felt like forever, here's chapter 16! :)

__________________

Chapter 16

            Drip. Drip. Drip.

            Tear-shaped droplets of water fell one by one, making a subtle sound each time they shattered onto the gravel beside me. It had just recently rained—down-poured, actually—and so the roof of the upper-city building was still wet. It was the trouble-makers—the outcasts—that decided not to flow along with the rest of their clan in the fully functioning gutter on the roof, and instead to annoy me.

            Drip.

            How special must I be to have been chosen by water.

            Drip. Drip.

            But in each droplet that fell, I saw a reflection. My reflection. I saw everything I was about to do.

            Drip.

             What was I about to do. I was not even sure myself. No, I was not about to jump off the Eiffel Tower, or lock myself in a cage with a hungry tiger. Hah, no. I was going to hunt down a hungry tiger. Big difference. Not really.

            Drip. Drip. Drip.

            I had taken a cab here. From school all the way here. So now where is "here"? "Here," my dear reader, is a giant waste basket, in a dark cold alley, next to an abandoned warehouse, in uptown New York City. So, yes, I was sitting on my butt on the cold, hard gravel of a dark alley, next to a garbage disposal, leaning against the outer brick wall of an abandoned warehouse, with stray droplets of water crashing onto the ground beside me.

            Drip. Drip.

            Yes, I was pathetic. Why, though? Why was I sitting here like a hobo? I guess you could say that it was the hungry tiger himself who had indirectly, possibly even intentionally, urged me to go on this mission. "That A guy typically hits in those uptown bars and shops," Landon had said. So then why was I at an abandoned factory? I guess you could say I just had one of those feelings.

            Drip. Drip. Drip.

            I'd actually been having quite a lot of "those feelings" lately. And no, I'm not talking about that awkward once a month emotional time bomb we girls turn into. I'm talking about that gut feeling that you get every now and then, like the universe is trying to tell you something. Like the internal turmoil I went through because of a silly necklace. Before, my gut tugged at my mind to keep it, so I did. Now, my gut was badgering me to get it back, so apparently I was going to. Thank you, gut. If I die, today, I'm totally blaming you.