Chapter 40

Here's chapter 40. Thank you for you patience xxx.

****************

"Jason stop". I chuckled as he blows the soap on me again.

At this point I was soaking wet because of him. I gasped when he splashed water on me.

"Jason". I gasped and he laughed.

I heard a chuckle behind us. I turned and saw Hunter leaning against the door frame. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why don't you come closer, we will see if you're still laughing". I said and he just smiled.
"Come on".

"No thank you".

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever". I smiled moving my gaze back to my son.

****************

"And then I slapped him and I ran". Jason said excitedly standing on our bed in his pyjamas, telling us about Kevin.

Hunter chuckled. "That's why his cheeks were red".

Jason laughed . "Yes and I bit his ear".

I smiled. "You're very brave baby". I said taking him in my arms when he yawned.
"But you need to go to bed. Heroes need a lot of sleep".

He yawned again burying his face into my chest.

"Goodnight, son". Hunter said softly kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight daddy". He said back as I walked out of the room.

*****************

I put Jason to bed and made my way to the bedroom. I looked around for Hunter and found him facing the balcony door.

He was talking on the phone, probably to his father. So I silently made my way to him.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind. I kissed his bare back as he hung up and turned to me.

"Are you okay?". He asked pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.
I nodded burying my face into his chest.
He kissed my forehead before picking me up.
"I think you've had enough drama for the rest of your life, baby".

He walked to the bed and to lay down with his back against the headboard. He wrapped his arms tightly around me as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Drama loves us too much". I muttered.

"Yeah. Well we're just gonna continue kicking its ass". He said taking my hand in his and I chuckled.
"Speaking of kicking ass". He suddenly smirked.
"Since when do you punch like that, woman?".

"Since never". I smiled playing with his fingers. "I was just loosing patience with everything".

He chuckled. "I will cherish that memory for the rest of my life".

I shook my head. "Where is she?".

"Jail". He said and I tensed a little.

When a couple of days ago, I would have been upset or sad at the news. But now, I wasn't feeling anything.
I just don't get how can you go against your own child. I know that my love for Jason is without limits. I love him to death. I feel like he is a part of me. I would never hurt him. Never.
So I don't understand how she can even think about hurting her own daughter.

But I also know I needed answers. Answers about my father. About my step father. About everything.

I needed answers.