Hunters

Thought you'd all like some advice on this, doesn't hurt to have help!!

Enjoy!

Training after the most recent battle against Kronos was even more intense than before. Yet the campers quickly adjusted to the training and had a better attitude. Probably due to the fact that their parents were training along with them; they did not want to disappoint them. Especially the Ares kids.

The gods would train with their children, sometimes even help them out if they were struggling. There were a few power struggles, some of the gods were too prideful to allow Percy's hunt to teach them. Percy had to call in Chyros from the Alpha team to put them in their place.

Chyros was the youngest in the hunt and Percy made sure to let them know that he was still learning. Chyros' real name was Ryker and Percy found him trying to enlist in military camp even though he was only fifteen. Chyros was not as experienced as the rest of the hunt but he was still skilled, almost as skilled as Percy was when he had won the Second Titan War, which is a lot for someone who had only been in the hunt for six months.

He beat them in two minutes flat.

Except for Apollo, Hermes and Hades. Since they had been training seriously for the past century after Percy 'died'. It took a little longer for Chyros to defeat them, a little over five and a half minutes. It was those fights that amused Percy the most. During the fight with Apollo, Chyros had gotten close to losing, having fought him before for practice as Apollo would sometimes join the Hunt as they trained. Yet he came out on top at the very last second.

"I almost had you," Apollo lamented once the fight was over. "I was so close!"

"Maybe next time, man," Percy said with a smile.

"This proves nothing," Ares said, probably referring to the fights, "how do we know he is not actually the best hunter in your group?"

"Excuse me?" Chyros said, obviously taking deep offense. Though Percy didn't know why, he assumed he would feel at least a little flattered to be suspected to be the best in the hunt.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Ares is right," Athena agreed, "We do not know this boy, we have no idea of his experience."

"I'll have you know-" Chyros started angrily but Percy stopped him.

"Chyros," he said, his voice cracking like a whip, "Why don't we show them?"

Chyros grinned evilly, his mouth coming up to a half smirk, making even Ares shiver nervously. "Great idea, sir," he chuckled.

"Dude, why are you laughing?" Apollo asked, staring at the kid with a frown on his face. "He is going to pummel you."

"I know," Chyros said, "but it's cool when he does it."

Percy rolled his eyes and got his trusty sword, Riptide, out. The gods stared, wide eyed at the sword, it had gotten more powerful since the last time they had seen it; power rolled off of it in crashing waves.