Chapter Five

Hey Lovelies!

A new chapter? Already? I must love you.

This one took me all day, and I hope it isn't too much of a mess. This is dedicated to anyone and everyone who leaves me a comment; Ya'll are too damn sweet.

Let me know what you think!

Epsilon

~~~

The playful look faded from his ice-blue eyes. He sobered up, and sat down gracefully on a nearby red loveseat. As he sat, he seemed to unravel, languishing like a panther in the sun. He groaned in pleasure, crossing his legs at the ankle, and I felt like I was hit in the gut.

How the flying fuck did he make sitting down look sexy?

He gestured at the place next to him, looking at me hopefully.

Someone needs an ice-cold glass of reality.

Looking around, I spied an overstuffed black armchair across from the loveseat. As I made my way over, I tripped over my own feet slightly, barely catching myself. I sat down heavily in the chair, thoroughly embarrassed. The contrast between us was painfully obvious.

He quirked an eyebrow, but didn't comment. He sat forward, mussing his inky hair with his hands. "Why don't you tell me what happened from your point of view, Rika, and I'll fill in the blanks?"

I gave him a hard look. "You won't flip shit?"

He just snorted, his aristocratic nose wrinkling in distaste. I decided to take that as an "of course I won't, Ammi. I'm a completely sensible adult angel."

"Okay, geez, where do I start?" I sighed, resting my chin on my fist. "My mom woke me up in the middle of the night, screaming that we needed to run. That we needed to leave now." I started jimmying my leg in time with my heart. I took a deep breath. "But before we could...he, Ezekiel, I think, broke our door down."

I ignored the angry growl I got in response.

"My first thought was, damn, he's hot," another growl, which I again ignored, "but then I decided he was...off. He reeked of violence. He asked me why I wasn't 'in line.' Total dick. When I saw Khamael dragging some poor girl off from her family, it reminded me-well, I got real pissed off. I attacked him, and the girl got away. He grabbed me around the throat, but dropped me once Ezekiel said something to him and he let me go."

"What did he say?" Lucifer interrupted, his face soft. But there was no hiding the fury in his eyes.

"I don't know...I was a bit preoccupied with trying to breathe," I joked, trying to lighten him up. It had the opposite effect. His fists balled up on his jean-clad thighs, and his jaw clenched tightly.

I decided to continue the story, since he didn't look like he was going to calm down anytime soon. "Anyway, they dragged me down to our town hall, and they had a bunch of other girls there. All around my age, and all similarly flustered. Or," I curled my lip I disgust, "some did. Others looked like they were more than happy to be around douche bag superhumans."

"And you weren't?" Lucifer asked lowly. My head snapped up, incredulous. He was dead serious.

"Luce, I didn't quite throw myself at you, what would make you think I'd throw myself at them?" I was scandalized. Did he think I was that kind of person?

Suddenly he grinned cockily, leaning toward me. "The inference being that you are much more attracted to me?" I choked on air, holding my chest.

"I-I didn't-" I garbled out, flushed.