Five

"I'm throwing a surprise party"

You found yourself standing on the top steps of the staircase which curved around sideways beyond the side of the staircase. You wanted to run, but you knew such behaviors were not looked up to in this house. As you took more steps down, you stand in the flat area of flooring where a stairway makes a turn between main floors. You land on the bottom and make your way to the living room where your stepmom was.

"Why are you in such a hurry you don't have school right?" You approach her taking your seat on the opposite side. You move yourself a little closer to the coffee table looking at the vase of flowers on it. The flowers weren't so large that you can't see over it to watch television or talk to another person.

"No I don't, I just wanted to throw a surprise party," you said your eyes not leaving the vase of flowers on the coffee table.

"What for?" At this point, your eyes were fully on her. As she picks up her phone that had suddenly vibrated notifying her she had a message that came through.

"It's Jungkook's birthday in three days and it's been such a long time since I've seen him. I wanted to surprise him" you explain looking at her phone that was now seated on the couch beside her.

"May I ask who this Jungkook guy is?"

"His my friend...will boyfriend," you say shifting over to the right. "Well, of course, you can but you might have to rent a place to do that, your father is bringing some business friends over. He has been busy lately."

"I guess I could do that, would you..um be able to help me?" You ask not knowing if you could.

"Really you want my help?" She sat there on the couch white as chalk. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise.

"Of course I just have to go and make sure Jungkook doesn't make any other plans on that day." You say as you stood up. Your stepmom still stunned in surprise.

"Ok, th-then I will call the decorators and, and make a reservation at a nice restaurant, or maybe a club. No drinking of course" she chuckles and looks at you in such excitement. "Thank you"

you headed to the door and grabbed the car keys that were in a bowl full of rocks.

Just when you were about to open the door, a pair of hands held the door shut. When you turned it was none other than your stepbrother, Taehyung.

He saw the shock registers on your face as you failed to hide it. A small smile played on his lips, "where are you headed?" He asks awaiting your answer. "None of your business"

You remove his hand gently but somehow it looked roughly. He took the car keys from your hand and started to wave it up mocking your height. "Taehyung!! I have to go give me back the keys."

"Not until I have a rematch" you look at him confused about what he meant. "what remat.." suddenly it hits you. "Ohh that rematch, will maybe next time I have something important to prepare for I don't have time for your nonsense"

"I want to come whatever you're going then" He stares at you still with the keys dangling up from his fingers. "No way! Give me back the keys" you jumped up to grab it but landed without a success.

"Will, if I can't come the keys won't either" you look at him in disbelief. Anger boiled deep in your system, as hot as lava. It churned within, hungry for destruction, and you knew it was too much for you to handle. "Fine, give me the keys now I'm going to be late" you extended your hand hoping he would hand it over and you could make a run for it, but sadly Taehyung wasn't as dumb as you thought he was instead of handing you the keys he walked past you opening the door and headed to the car.

"Ya, Kim Taehyung!!"

As you got in the car he handed you the keys and still, you couldn't believe his coming. You pinch yourself on the cheek hoping this was just a bad dream or nightmare to be clear, you're having and you will wake up to realize it. "What are you doing" but unfortunately it was not a bad dream but a walking nightmare.

You ignore him as usual and turn the engine on and drive off.

As the car fell into silent you wondered if this was how it felt to be in a car with Taehyung, you weren't used to him being so quiet he had always started the conversation and you followed.
The silence stretched thinner and thinner, like a big balloon, until the temptation to burst it was too great to resist.

You looked through the window and you sighed in relief.
As you were close to your destination.

Taehyung reached to open the radio. He stopped as you started "we're here" you parked the car besides what seemed like Jungkook's house. The house was massive, looking more like a mansion despite not being one. Jungkook's father was a friend to your father, to be more clear a business friend they may not have been as rich as your father but they were rich.

As Taehyung was about to climb out of the car you held his hand to stop him. "You stay here I will be back," you tell him as you let him go and jumped out of the car. Taehyung, of course, wouldn't listen to what you had said. He climbed out and started following you from the behind.

You turned around looking at him again in disbelief. "Didn't I just tell you to stay in the car"

"You know what whatever"

You knock on the door three times until someone was at the door Jungkook's mom appeared at the door. "Oh dear, Y/N how have you been it's been too long," she says looking at you with a warm smile. "Yes, how have you been Mrs. Jeon," you ask but her gaze fills upon Taehyung, you noticed. "Oh where are my manners this is Kim Taehyung my stepbrother" you explained. "Oh I remember now, nice to meet you, young man," she says "nice to meet you too" Taehyung bows his head in respect.

"Is Jungkook home?"

"Yes his upstairs with his new friend, dear I forgot his name don't tell him that he seemed really fond of his new friend" she chuckles and leads you guys to the leaving room. She goes to the kitchen leaving you and Taehyung.

"Hey I have an idea I heard you and mom talking about a surprise party so I would like to help why not let me distract Jungkook and you go and prepare for the party I will make sure he doesn't have anything planned until that day," Taehyung says surprising you. When you thought about it it was a better idea then what you had in mind it would give you more time to prepare and get things as perfect as they should be.

"Will, that is not such a bad idea but how can I trust you?" You ask looking at him suspiciously "I will prove it to you right now I will go upstairs and ask him if he wants to hang on that day" Taehyung runs upstairs and turns for a few seconds to look at you "but he can't know you are here do not follow me"

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I want to gain her trust and this was the only opportunity I had, from what I could tell she is in love with this dude. I don't get what she sees in him anyways.

I stand at the end of the stairs where the hallway was exposed, I look to my right and left thinking *how many fucking rooms does this house have*

After going through four rooms I stand at a door hoping that was the right one.
As I opened it I saw Jungkook and, and what the fuck. I couldn't believe what I saw. I didn't understand as if my brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around me, everything was in fast-forward while I was motionless in the middle of it all. How is this happening? What the fuck I'm I even witnessing?

__________________________

A/N

Sorry if this is kinda boring but I will try my best hehe I want to leave it like this coz it's fun to see people want to know what happens next 😂 sorry not sorry