When You Learn Spinjitzu

Kai
"I can't do this!" You say frustrated after falling on your butt for the thousandth time.

"Yes you can! You've learned to control your powers, so you can learn this." Kai says helping you to your feet.

"Do I even have to know spinjitzu to fight."

"Well... no, but–"

"So, we're done here." You say starting to walk away.

"No!" Kai says grabbing your wrist.

"Why?" You say glaring at him.

"It would be quite... beneficial for you to learn this. Plus everyone on the team knows it–"

"So if everyone on the team jumped off a cliff would you?" You say yanking your wrist out of Kai's grasp.

"Depends on the circumstances." Kai smirks.

"You are so difficult!" You throw your hands up in frustration

"Ditto." Kai says

"Fine! I'll stay so I can go play my game quicker!" You say walking back with Kai in pursuit.

"Don't worry! It took me a while to get it too." Kai says patting you on the back.

"I'm different." You say trying spinjitzu again.

You see a a blur of color enter your vision and quickly stop, surprised at what you did.

"You did it! See I told you, you could!" Kai says hugging you.

"Let me try it again, so I know it's not a fluke." You say breaking away and attempting it again.

You easily do spinjitzu, and this time Sensei walks out and watches you in amazement. You stop and excitedly fling yourself into Kai's arms.

"I'm so proud of you!" Kai says pecking you on the cheek.

"As am I. I believe (Y/N) has accomplished enough to join our team." Sensei says startling both of you.

"Really?" You both day in unison.

"Yes. You can be the purple ninja if you wish." Sensei says bringing the suit from behind his back. (If you don't like that color... sorry 🤷‍♀️ it's gonna be like that in all the scenarios)

"I would love that!" You say rushing forward, grabbing the suit, and running in to change.

Jay
"So in able to be a part of the team, I have to learn spinjitzu?" You say as Jay helps you up after you fell

"Sensei would prefer you know it as a way to defend yourself before joining."

"But what I'm hearing is, I don't necessarily have to know it to be a part of the team." You say teasingly

Jay sighs and says,"Never mind."

"That's what I thought." You say proudly as you start to walk back in.

"It's not like you could've learned it faster than what I did anyways." Jay says as he follows you.

You stop in your tracks and say, "Is that a challenge?"

"If you're up for it." Jay teases.

"You're on!" You say heading back towards the training yard.

"Try it again. Imagine the dummies you started with in front of you. It should come pretty easily after that." Jay says trying to encourage you.

"So just imagine you." You tease and start.

"So just imagine you." Jay mocks.

You try it again and see a quick flash a color, but soon end up on your butt.