XXIV. Sonic the Hedgehog

There was fire all over when I woke up after the explosion. Bass and Treble were still relatively pieced together, as was Mega Man, but there was no sign of Quick Man or Rush. They had been completely obliterated.

Both Mega Man and I had been thrown away, and he wasn't too far from me. There were little bits of fire all over from the bombs, but no one had come to put them out. I had to get out of there, 'cause I was, like, the one thing around that had to actually breathe. The smoke wasn't helping the fact that I had just finished a really intense battle and needed fresh air. For a few minutes, though, I didn't move except for a few coughs. My skin was scorched all over. Had I really been as crazy as Mega Man had been when I was infected with the virus? Wanting to kill everything that resisted him?

Finally, I stood, walking towards Mega Man. Along with being brutally punished from Quick Man, he hadn't fared well from the bombs. I slung his arm over my shoulder, looking for a safe route out of the city and to Dr. Light's.

I just hoped there really were no other robots out to get us.

I travelled through the city, wandering through the debris. The city was completely trashed. I felt kind of bad. There were halves of robots lying around. They were like people. It was as if there had just been a massive war.

But that still left a major question that hadn't been answered yet. Why had Dr. Wily stolen my energy? It couldn't have been for any of this. These robots were already powered. They didn't need any of my energy. What exactly was Wily planning?

As I stopped sweating, it got colder and colder, even with the elastic band on. I got lost like three times trying to get to the lab, but eventually, it appeared. And no robots appeared to trying and stop me.

But then I remembered Tempo. Where was she? I shook my head. Maybe she was inside. If she wasn't, I would go look for her after I warmed up a bit.

I took a look at the unconscious Mega Man, then at the city. Both seemed to resemble chaos at the moment. But that would be going too much into philosophy.

I walked inside the lab, calling for someone to help. That kid needed lighter armor or to lose quite a few pounds. Roll and Dr. Light came rushing in, both trying to squeeze out of me what had happened. I didn't really want to, but I had to explain that Mega Man kind of went crazy after he sucked the energy out of the other Mega Man. The faker, if you will.

"Is it the virus?" Roll asked.

"I don't know." He said, Rock in his arms. He carried him into the other room, strapping him onto the extremely comfy flat board.

"You don't look so good." Roll told me. Thank you. Because I didn't know that.

"Yeah." I said. My eyelids started to droop. "I'll just sleep for a bit."

"We have to take care of your burns-"

And that's when he woke up.

"Where am I?" He asked harshly. "Tell me!" 

We all ran in, trying to calm him down. "You're in the lab, Rock." Roll said calmly.

"You're safe, son." Dr. Light said.

"Why? Quick Man - he's going to kill us! Everyone in the city!"

"We took care of him, dude." I added. "He's gone. You destroyed him. Bass and Treble and out, too."

"But there's more! There's always more! Let me go. Now!"

He kept trying to get out, and for a moment, I thought the bars wouldn't hold him. Then he shot his gun, making a giant hole in the wall.