Prologue

TWENTY YEARS AGO:

'Do you, Christopher Edmund James, take Zandra Jade Aspen as your wife?', asked the Priest. Alpha Christopher replied in the positive. The Priest proceeded to ask Zandra the same question. She also replied in the positive. 'You may now kiss the bride!', said the Priest. Christopher and Zandra kissed each other sweetly while the crowd started clapping and hooting excitedly for the newlyweds. Some guests even started crying. All in all, it was a memorable sight.

ONE YEAR LATER:

Christopher was pacing the hallways of the hospital. He was very worried. All of the Alpha's relatives and close friends were there as well. Unfortunately, Zandra's parents could not come as they were away on a holiday.

'Hey Chris, why don't you sit down for a little bit of time? Zandra will be fine. She's a strong woman.', said Sam, a close friend and also the Beta of the Pack. 'I can't sit down Sam! What if something happens to her and the baby? What if they don't ---', Chris was cut off by Sam who said,' Hey! Don't think negatively! Everything WILL BE FINE!!'.

Suddenly, all of them heard the cry of a baby. Chris brightened instantly. Then a nurse came out of the room in which Zandra was and said,' Congratulations! You are now a father!'. 'Can I see her?', asked Christopher referring to Zandra. The nurse replied in the positive and led Chris to her room.

When he entered, the first thing that he noticed was Zandra cradling the newborn and watching the baby with love, warmth and wonder. Chris smiled.

When Zandra saw Chris standing next to the door and smiling, she visibly brightened. She said to him,'Christopher! Look! We finally have a daughter!'. Chris looked extremely happy when he heard that he had a daughter. He walked to her bedside, grabbed a chair and sat down. 'I can just see myself playing with her and protecting her from boys in the future. I'm sure she's going to be a daddy's girl.', said Chris. 'No, I think she's going to be a mommy's girl.', said Zandra. While they were arguing over this, the doctor came in. 'Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. James!', she said. The couple smiled brightly and thanked her. 'Your baby is perfectly healthy. She weighs about 3.9 kilograms. Though, um, there is a problem.', said the doctor. 'What is the problem, Doctor?', asked Chris.

'Your baby is permanently blind.'

A/N:
Hi people/ anonymous! Thank you for checking my story out. I'm sorry that it is very small. This is my first time writing a book on this site, so...
If you really like this chapter then comment, vote and share this book with your other friends. If you find any typos or something else which is wrong, then please let me know. ( The KPOP fans will get that one!)
I may update another chapter in a few days. So, KEEP WAITING!!!
I'LL SEE YOU GUYS LATER, THEN!
Bye-bye!!!!!👋👋👋