❥ Chapter 5: A Terrific Tuesday

Sans yawned, stretching his body and waking up from his sleep.

With a sigh, he turned to his right, where his wooden cherry colored nightstand stood, to take a look at his clock.

It was exactly 11:28 A.M.

Sans raised his eyebrows, surprised by how 'early' he had woken up on his off day.

After lying in bed for another good ten minutes, Sans finally decided to get up and start his day.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

"UGH, BROTHER! WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME! IT'S SO LATE IN THE MORNING!" Papyrus lectured, turning off the kitchen stove to face his older brother.

"oh paps, come on. i don't work today, so i might as well just rest up a bit. i am so bone tired." Sans scooted forward on his chair and put his head down on the table.

The tall skeleton groaned with annoyance.

"SANS, NO PUNS. YOU LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP." He forbid, serving two bowls oatmeal.

"okay, hehe." Sans chuckled lightly.

Papyrus headed over to the small breakfast table in the kitchen, a bowl on each hand, and took a seat across from Sans.

He set one bowl in front of Sans and the other in front of himself.

"BUT I DO SUPPOSE I MAY BE BEING A LITTLE INCONSIDERATE WITH YOU, CONSIDERING YOU'VE BEEN WORKING A LOT LATELY." He continued, grabbing an apple from the fruit platter at the center of the table and chopping it up into his bowl with a small knife he had previously set on the table.

Sans sat up and moved the bowl a little closer to himself, mixing it up a little with a spoon to try to get it to cool off a little more.

"ANYWAY, I'VE ARRANGED A MOVIE NIGHT FOR THE TWO OF US AND SOME OF OUR FRIENDS!" Papyrus happily informed, mixing in his apples into the oatmeal.

"huh. cool."

"AND I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL ALLOW YOU TO INVITE ANYONE ELSE, IF YOU'D LIKE." He added, taking a spoonful of oatmeal info his mouth.

"oh, nice." Sans got up, heading over to the fridge and taking out the bottle of ketchup before taking a seat back at the table.

"UGH, DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE ADDING THAT TO YOUR OATMEAL." Papyrus cringed, causing Sans to smile menacingly.

"of course not, bro" he assured before proceeding to dump a load of ketchup into the oatmeal.

At that point, it wasn't oatmeal with ketchup, it was ketchup with oatmeal.

Papyrus grimaced at the sight of Sans' oatmeal.

"I... I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU, THAT I KIND OF MISS YOU, BROTHER. I BARELY EVER SEE YOU AROUND THE HOUSE ANYMORE." Papyrus frowned, looking down at his oatmeal.

Without a word, Sans got up from his seat again and went over to his little brother to bring him in for a hug.

"i got a surprise for you." Sans smiled tenderly, getting his brother's attention.

"WHAT IS IT?" He asked curiously, letting go of Sans' hug.

"i worked out a new schedule with grillby the other day. he also thinks i've been working too much, so now i don't have to work on tuesday, wednesday, or thursday. this means that we now have more time for some good'ol brotherly bonding."

"OH MY GOD! REALLY!?" Papyrus gasped, his eye sockets bright with excitement.

Sans nodded happily, reassuring his brother of what he'd just been told.