Chapter 22 - Kiss

Sorry for the wait, I've been busy and had a concert this weekend and some emotional problems yesteday. 
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kian, what are you doing here?" I ask in a shaky voice, frantically trying to wipe away the tears that are uncontrollably streaming down my face.

"Maddie, are you okay?" Kian asks, avoiding my question on purpose.

I look at him, knowing that he already knows the answer. There is no way he couldn't know the truth because I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I shake my head slowly, my eyes dropping to the ground. Soon, Kian's arms are around me, pulling me to him.

I push at him at first, not wanting his comfort. But after he refuses to let go, I give in and melt to him. I'm soon in his lap, my head laying in his neck as I cry.

Instead of talking, we just stay like this for a while. Kian rocks back and forth, rubbing circles on my back in a comforting way.

I almost feel like a child getting comfort from a mother, something I only got to experience a handful of times.

I don't even think about the fact that it's Kian here comforting me whole me and my boyfriend is at his apartment. Skylar is probably still mad at me and I'm not making the situation any better.

After a while, Kian says something.

"I know you're upset, but please, ignore them. Don't listen. Everyone is wrong about you. You're not a whore, or a bitch, or a slut. You are amazing, Madison. Don't let jealous girls make you believe otherwise." His words lessen the sting of the hate, but he doesn't make it go away. I don't think anything will.

I try to stop crying, but for some reason I can't.

"Maddie please," Kian coos, turning and looking me in the eye.

I look back at him, not sure what to say.

After a bit, he pulls me off of his lap and looks at me again.

"We need to talk," he says. He grabs my hand and squeezes it.

I nod, knowing that this conversation is not going to be good for my relationship with Kian or Skylar.

After a bit of hesitation, Kian finally says, "Maddie, if it's not obvious to you now, I'm still in love with you."

He stays quiet for a while, the words sinking in with me.

Kian still loves me? Really? this should be the most exciting news to me because I feel the same way. In fact I've been hoping he felt like that.

So why am I not happy?

Well, I just had a fight with my boyfriend because I wouldn't have sex with him. Also, I got tons of hate due to people making rumors about me and Kian being back together.

I stay silent, looking down at my hand which rests in my lap. I look at my other hand, which is held by Kian's, and debate whether or not to say anything.

I could say that I feel the same, which I do, or I could lie.

I can tell that Kian regrets saying what he just said because his eyes show it. He thinks I don't feel the same way.

Although I was going to lie to him and say that I don't feel the same way, the bigger part of my brain, the one with less sense, decides to tell the truth. I guess I just can't stand the hurt and confused look on his face.