0036

The classroom was slowly beginning to fill up. Being the last class of the day, the students were more or less resistant to actually attend, all worked out for the day. Craig's eyes were full of concentration as he dragged his pen across the blank page, too focused on drawing to actually see any of the people in the room with him, barely able to hear the chatter going on just beside him. It was only when he saw a flash of blonde out of the corner of his eye, that he allowed his gaze to lift. His pale blue eyes flicked over to land of the back of Tweek's head, noticing him visually shaking more than he usually would.

Tweek seemed to be completely unaware of Craig's attention. His foot tapped underneath the table, whilst his head tilted down to watch his fingers as he cracked them one by one. The sound made Craig cringe from back where he sat, and even though he had done the act a thousand times before, just hearing someone else do it made his bones shiver.

His curious stare was distracted when Eric came bursting through the door all dramatically, with a pillow stuffed under his arm as he walked through the room, making sure to scowl at Tweek as he passed him. Craig tapped his pen against his book as he watched Eric toss the pillow down onto his seat, patting at it before he slowly eased himself down onto it as his eyes squeezing shut, holding his breath.

"The hell happened to you?" Craig drawled. He wasn't all that interested. Really it was just morbid curiosity, seeing Eric in pain and all.

"Got into a fight with some crazy guy in the woods the other day. Took a couple of hits to give the others time to get away." Eric said, his chin raised as he looked at Craig, as though he was beneath him.

"Like hell you did, fatass!" Kyle scoffed in front of them. He stiffly turned around in his seat from his previous injuries, wearing a deadly scowl directed at Eric. Craig's eyebrows slightly raised in confusion as he watched between the two of them. "He was shot in the ass with a crusty arrow that's probably gave him some disease."

"Fuck you, Kahl! Say what you want, but I saved your skinny little ass out there."

"I'm sorry? I must've missed that when you were running around as someone's target practice."

Craig was already bored with the topic, lazily looking away as he slumped further back into his chair. He did double take when he noticed Kenny sitting oddly close to Tweek, with their shoulders touching as Kenny showed Tweek something on his phone.

He wondered if it was truly possible to hate a person for no given reason. In reality, Kenny had never done anything wrong. He was a laid back guy that many liked, yet somehow Craig couldn't stand the blonde. Really, it wasn't that far fetched to just conclude to Craig hating the majority of his peers. But this felt different compared to the way he hated the people like Stan Marsh or Kevin Stoley, it was something more that had him continuously yearning to break Kenny's arm, or anything else. And maybe it could just be his time to partake in some anger management sessions, but seeing Kenny trying to wriggle his way into Tweek's social group, boiled Craig's blood.

He'd been too deeply in thought, comprehensively scowling at the back of McCormick's head, that he hadn't realised the teacher had already started the lesson. Only when a pair of wrinkly hands were slammed down onto the edges of his desk, starling him, he looked over, meeting the gruesome sight of Mr Gates scowling at him.

Of course Craig scowled back, the two of them silently challenging each other as the other students used this opportunity to throw things at one another. Mr Gates was the first to break eye contact, sliding his hands off Craig's desk with a squeak, as his nose curled, before stalking back to the front of the classroom.

When Craig looked back over, Kenny was looking his way. His brows were innocently furrowed as he stared at Craig, almost as though he was deep in thought, mentally putting together a puzzle, clipping edges to edges. Then with a slow blink, he was turning away, his senses heightened as he felt Craig watching him suspiciously.

Craig couldn't help but be intrusive, now desperately wondering what the look Kenny had masked meant. His fingers picked at the pen clasped in his hands, unknowingly breaking off the clip, despite the cracking sound it had made.

Tweek shifted in his seat, he felt sick and ungodly tired having been up all night. Sleep wasn't something that came easily to him, but add a stressful situation on top, and all hell breaks loose. No amount of coffee could exchange the need for sleep. His eyes felt heavy, needfully closing whenever Kenny stopped talking. His voice was the only thing keeping Tweek from getting a detention. It wasn't helping that his hands were the perfect vice grip, holding his head up as his elbows propped him up, with his disheveled hair hanging over his forehead.

Kenny nudged his hand against Tweek's elbow, causing it to slip, becoming unsupportive of Tweek's head. It dropped ever so slightly, before he regained composure, frowning at Kenny as he looked to him. "What?"

"Craig's staring at you." Kenny whispered as closely to Tweek's ear as he could get. Tweek flinched, his stomach twisting as he thought about Craig plotting his death, but Kenny quickly noticed, pushing his shoulder against Tweek's in hopes to transfer some comfort. "Don't make it obvious that you know."

"Oh Jesus, does he look angry?" Tweek breathed anxiously, clenching his hands into fists repeatedly as he looked down at the scratched table.

"I'm not sure."

"Check."

Kenny lightly scoffed, shaking his head as he frowned in Tweek's direction. "Fuck that, he's already caught me looking once. You check."

"I can't, what if he just attacks me in front of everyone? How embarrassing would that be?"

"As embarrassing as it would be, if he randomly attacked me." Kenny swiftly answered.

"Okay, hold on," Tweek inhaled. "I just need to wait a couple of seconds so it looks natural."

"Pretend you're looking at Cartman.'

"And have him say I'm checking him out? I'd rather not."

Tweek took some deep breathes as he slowly built up the courage to turn around and look at Craig. Maybe if he got caught, he could make out he'd been staring out of the window, not that his lie would be completely see through or anything. He forced his seemingly heavy neck to turn ever so slightly, with the windows coming into view first, then the beaten down desks, and then Craig's shoe.

He forced himself to keep going, ignoring Kenny's almost inaudible chants of encouragement beside him. Then there he was, Craig in all his natural glory, and Tweek had to manually breath, or else he would've stopped there and then. His pulse picked up at the familiar face. The face of his best friend, the face he'd grown endlessly captivated by. But Kenny was wrong. Craig wasn't staring at Tweek, instead he glared down at the notebook he furiously scribbled on, with his knuckles turning white due to the iron grasp he had on the pen.

Tweek had to tear his eyes away from Craig, settling back to their original place on his desk as he closed them, in hopes of savouring the image of the black hair that poked out from under Craig's blue hat. His fingers threaded through his tangled hair once again as he uneasily breathed, his finger tips tingling painfully under his anxious state.

But oh, how he missed sitting beside Craig, and even though Kenny was a good replacement, nothing was more relaxing than the reassuring foot taps Craig would send his way whenever it was clear Tweek was on edge. Nothing was more soothing than the look Craig would direct only at Tweek whenever they'd randomly catch each other's eye in class. Nothing was more precious to him, than the presence of his best friend, and even though Kenny was a good replacement, he wasn't Craig.