||Chapter 16||

"I totally and absolutely SHIP you." Lola exclaimed as we walked back.

"Stop it. We aren't together. He's just my boss." I argued as I blushed.

"Yeah, and he's a very handsome boss." She pointed out.
"I think I should go home. I'll text you later." I said annoyed as I walked towards the cab with my hands full of shopping bags.

We hugged and then we were separated into our own directions.
I went inside a cab and told a very young driver where to.
"Shopping day, huh?" The man pointed at my bags.
"Yeah..." I smiled back letting the conversation drop.

After 15 minutes of standing in the traffic, we finally arrived at Damon's private hotel which I currently called, my home.

I walked out thanking the man and headed up.
I noticed that his Porsche was gone so I assumed he wasn't home.
I kinda liked that thought, I could try my new lingeries without the fear of bumping into him.
I quickly rushed to the elevator and pressed the button for the 70th and something floor.
I was feeling quite excited and happy, I couldn't remember the last time I felt so optimistic.

Maybe I wasn't born to me in constant pain and worry after all.
Maybe I can be happy.
But then I remembered why I couldn't be happy for all those years...

I remembered when I was locked in my room for days, starving, when I couldn't get rid of the bruises on my body or how I cried myself to sleep every night.

Those years were torture. Pure torture. I don't think I smiled even once throughout those years of misery.

I could've still been there. I could have been locked in my room instead of walking happily with my hands full of shopping bags.
If only I didn't take the chance to unlock the back doors and run for my life while he was taking a shower.

I could've still been there.
I wanted to cry at the thought and even thinking about seeing that monster, Jake, ever again made me sick in my guts.
I used to think of him as my father, I even loved him. I was happy for him and my mother when they got married. Now I feel hatred, total and complete hatred towards the monster that ruined me in every possible way.

I walked out of the elevator and headed to my room. My enthusiasm a little down.
I didn't bother to close the doors behind me as I threw the bags on my bed.
Firstly, I unpacked my new makeup and other bathroom products in my bathroom, duh.
Then I started to fold all my new clothes into my wardrobe as I sprayed a sweet, Dior perfume onto my neck.

I unpacked most of my things and the last bag was from Victoria's Secret.
I took out my most amazing red lingerie with the silk dressing gown, the one Lola picked for me.

I placed it neatly on my bed and rushed to the bathroom, as I realized I must've left my other bag there.
I entered my bathroom and noticed all my neatly placed perfumes. I saw my second bag from Victoria's Secret and after I sprayed the sweet perfume on me, I walked back to my room.

I nearly screamed with shock as I saw Damon standing in my room, holding my most amazing red lingerie in his hands.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed as I walked in front of him and snatched the lingerie from him.
I felt my cheeks redden.

He observed me with a smirk before he answered,
"The question is, what the hell are you doing?"
"Why did you even enter my room without knocking?! Don't I deserve some privacy?"

I asked with my voice a little loud.
"I go wherever I want, whenever I want." He stated calmly and I felt frustrated.

"Where were you anyway? You didn't tell me you were leaving." He asked and his tone was back to I-am-your-boss-you-must-obey-me.

"I don't have to tell you where I go. It's none of your business." I told him angrily.

I could feel his cold stare burning holes in my back as I put the lingerie I was still holding behind me. After a slightly long pause he said,

"Actually, it is my business. Next time you will tell me where you're going, with who you're going and when you're coming back." I could hear slight anger in his voice. He controlled it well while my blood was boiling.

I knew I was about to snap, damn my short temper!
"No. I won't tell you a goddamn thing and I will leave whenever I want with whoever I want!You have nothing to do with my private life so stop being such an arrogant, Mr. Control-freak because you will never, ever control me!"

I sighed.
That feels better.
But not for long since I realized what I just said and I will definitely swim with the piranhas tonight.
He looked at me like he was about to throw me out of the window.

I looked at him eyes wide opened.
I held my breath as we locked eyes with each other and you could tell that in his emerald eyes, there was pure anger.
The silence was killing me.
One minute...
Two minutes...
I bet he's thinking about all the painful ways he could kill me.
"I-I'm... s-sorry..." I apologized because those words weren't worth losing my head for and I might as well try to save myself from him...
I wonder if he knows he could kill me just by taking his shirt off...

What if he will punish me?!

Don't act like you won't like that...

No, I wouldn't! He's a sadistic control freak! I don't want him anywhere near me!

Didn't seem like that when he made your knees weak.

Uhhhh! There could never be anything between us! He's my goddamn boss!

And? You always fall for the jerks.

No, I don't!

My inner voices argued until I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed that Mr. Queen leaned in and whispered in my ear,
"My room. Now."