34

"Dar!" A voice shouted, grabbing the girl's attention. "Darla, wait!"

Sighing, the teen smiled, closed her eyes and waited for the familiar curly haired boy to catch up to her.

"Hey," Kit breathed out, grinning down at her. "Where were you yesterday? Actually, scratch that. Where have you been this whole week? And why haven't you been answering my texts? School and life in general has been extremely boring without the prettiest girl in the world in it."

"I wasn't feeling all too well, is all." She replied with a small smile, blushing at his compliment. "And dad took away my phone so I could 'focus on getting better'."

Lie. Darla just didn't really want to talk to anyone. In fact, the only people she really talked to were the ones she lived with. Other than that, she'd basically isolated herself until she was feeling better. And, she was. After talking everything out with her dad and other relatives, she was practically back to the old Darla.

"Well that's not good," Kit said with sincerity, placing one of his ginormous hands on her forehead. "Are you feeling okay now? Do you need anything?"

Laughing, Darla shook her head and hugged the boy's waist, leaning her head on his chest and listening to his steady heartbeat.

"I'm fine now," She sighed in content. "Just... hold me for a second?"

"Trust me, babe," He chuckled, wrapping his large arms around her. "You don't need to ask me twice."

And as the couple stood in the middle of the hallway embracing each other during nutrition, Darla felt everything fall into place.

She had the family she had always dreamed of having, a great relationship with her father (which was getting stronger and stronger with every passing day), the man of her dreams, and even a great academic track record so far. Everything was perfect. Life was perfect. Life was beautiful.

"Kit?" She asked, voice slightly muffled.

"Yes, Darla?"

"You're my boyfriend, right?"

Chuckling, Kit placed a kiss to the top of her head before speaking.

"Do you want me to be?"

"More than anything."

"Good, because I've been calling myself your boyfriend for quite a bit, now."

"Can I have a kiss, then?"

Grinning like a fool, Kit wasted no time at all in dipping his head down and capturing her lips in a loving and passionate kiss, both not caring if multiple people could see the display.

Pulling apart, he placed a little kiss on her nose before looking into her big, brown eyes.

"You're beautiful."

"You are too."

Both of the teens were feeling a lot better now, seeming to have forgotten all about the previous conversation. And with that, they entertained their fingers, and walked on to nutrition, as an official couple. And it felt amazing.