18 | the chill

ON SOME NIGHTS Simone often enjoyed being alone.

Tonight was not one of them.

She pulled her long sleeve from her arm down further, her arm throbbing. Tears glistened the corners of her eyes. The Death Eater Mark entered the lone night--rumors of Ron Weasley at a local bedrest.

She looked up into the sky, fear entering her mind. The window was a thick pane but it still made her feel exposed. Her arm hurt again. The tiny shots against her arm were painful and sharp.

She hissed quietly, but not quiet enough for David to not hear. She felt his hand come up to touch hers.

"Are you okay?"

She instantly pulled hand back to herself and her eyebrows knitted together. The expression on his face was unreadable. She gave a wary smile.

"Yes," she grinned and shook it off, "it's nothing, probably just some soreness." She answered, David smiling and kissing her hand. She knitted their hands together and walked towards the dining room table where Draco, Cassandra and Liam were sitting at.

The couple sat back down in their respective seats, never breaking their coupled hands.

"I'm telling you, we should go tonight," Draco pounded his fist lightly on the table.

"No way!" Cassandra yelled. "Are you crazy! To not be noticed we hid a tree! We'd never get in there without getting caught."

"We'll find a way," Draco argued.

"If we'll find a way--how about thinking of a way without getting in trouble!" Cassandra hissed.

Draco's eyes squinted. "What's up with you not wanting to get in trouble! Astoria is worth more then getting a bloody mark on your academic card!"

"You don't think I know that!" She screamed. "I don't care about getting a mark on my academic card--I care about her more. But what I do care for is all of us. The Van Daskni's are not one of the nicest pure blood families. Their history proves it."

"Listen here," Liam interjected, " I agree with both of you guys--I do. But I say to wait out the spell."

David rubbed his chin. "What do you mean?"

Liam exhaled, pulling a chair up to the table. Draco hardly sat down at his chair but circled the chair instead like a shark. Cassandra hunched over the table, standing up but angled close to the table where her arms supported herself up.

"I mean, the spell will not last forever--for sure. So why not wait it out?"

Draco sweated a bit. "What if he does more harm against her! What if he improves the spell!"

Liam store at the table, embarrassed. "You're right."

Silence filled the air of the cold dining room area. It was a few quiet minutes before Cassandra spoke again.

"I think we should get her out." Draco looked up, his eyes hopeful. "But not tonight--we need to think this through."

"Yeah, we best be headin' back to our rooms now," Simone commented. She tugged David's arm and he gave a small smile to Draco before exiting the house.

Liam looked intently into Cassandra before she caught the message that they should go as well. She stood up, patting Draco's shoulder. "Sleep well tonight, okay."

"We'll be here as soon as we can tomorrow." Liam said. Cassandra smiled before turning around and wrapping her arm around Liam's, her head resting on his shoulder.