Chapter Ten

Sally and Sophie's Apartment

Sophie Reese

I woke up, curled against him, my forehead resting against his shoulder and my hand splayed across his chest. Through my palm, I felt the warmth of his skin and noted the steady rise and fall of his chest - he was still sleeping.

I looked up at his face and the air stilled in my lungs. He was perfect - a living angel. I couldn't get over how shockingly beautiful he was. I lowered my eyes, suddenly feeling guilty for perving over a sleeping man, but I couldn't help it. He was so perfect it was impossible to ignore, almost like a living, breathing piece of art that was meant to be looked at and admired... but for me, there was something else, something deeper.

I felt last night when I drank his blood. It was a sense mutual belonging and ownership that made me feel like I belonged to him and he belonged to me. The emotion was so powerful and overwhelming that I completely forgot myself last night. I cringed at the memories. The way I acted last night was shameless. It was as if his blood had been vampire viagra.

If he hadn't of stopped me, I'm pretty sure that I would have gone all the way with him.

I looked up at him one last time, then forced myself to gently pry myself out of his arms and off the bed. I needed some distance, a shower and clean set of clothes. I headed towards the door and heard the mattress creaking.

"Sophie," he called.

"Hi, I'm going to have a shower. I'm sorry if I woke you up."

He lifted his head off the pillow and said, "Come back to bed, we won't be moving for at least another two hours."

"Oh, I'm fine. I just need to get clean and get a fresh pair of clothes."

"Why do I get the feeling that you are freaking out about last night? Come back to bed and we'll talk about it."

"I rather stay here, thanks. Last night my brain got confused and I did things which were totally inappropriate and-"

"Sophie," he stopped me. "You were perfect last night. Do not ever feel ashamed of the emotions you feel towards me, they are completely natural and completely welcome."

"Oh my God, Casper! Last night I practically assaulted you, how can you be okay with this?"

"Well, did you once hear me complain last night?"

"No, but I don't think I really gave you a chance. I kind of jumped you."

"Sophie, I wanted everything you had to offer and more."

My heart somersaulted inside my ribcage. The angel I had watched sleeping minutes ago had disappeared, and this devil had appeared. He watched me inch closer to the door and smirked, "If I can't convince you to come back to bed, then maybe I should join you in the shower."