Chapter 5

The Kingdom of Hell
Micah's POV

"Welcome... To Hell."

I'm in Hell. The words sunk in as I watched the demons that passed by, their unnatural wings and claws shining in the deep sunset.

The man who had brought me here grabbed my wrist, dragging me along as we traveled towards a towering castle, the dark spirals glaring down at me. When we approached, the doors flung open, demons who had been standing off to the side coming over to bow in respect.

My heart raced with every step we took, the labyrinth inside the castle making me dizzy. Finally, we arrived at a door. The man - demon? - stepped up, knocking lightly. Almost immediately, the doors slammed open, causing me to sumble, surprised by the sudden commotion.

Another man, a possible demon, darted out, looking around almost excitedly. "... Well? Where is she?" The newcomer asked, annoyed. The man sighed. "Look down, my Lord." 'My Lord?' What does that mean? Is he the ruler of this mansion? Is the other man a follower? The Lord looked down at me expectantly, his eyes shining.

I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say, so I stayed silent. Eventually, confusion graced his features, and he pulled the other man aside. A hushed conversation took place between the two, either one glancing back at me every once in a while.

Finally, the Lord came over, kneeling down in front of me. "I didn't mean to startle you, I was just wondering if you'd like to come inside?" He held out his hand, waiting. I looked around before deciding to take his hand. He yanked me up, my small form flying with the force of his tug. Blinking, I found myself in the arms of the Lord, my heart racing.

Though I was frightened, the man was surprisingly handsome. I felt lost in his dark eyes, his dark hair framing his face, a few strands straying into his eyes. His well built body dwarfed my own, and I knew I was blushing. I pulled away, listening to the soft groan of disappointment that left the man's mouth.

He guided me inside, and I gasped. It was a throne room, the two dark chairs in the back towering over the large expanse of space below them. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, the candles providing an orange glow as the dark curtains covered the windows. A large black rug led to the stairs leading up to the thrones, but other than that it was... Empty. It was beautiful, yes, but it felt lonely as well.

"Do you like it?" The man grinned behind me. I nodded slowly, unsure of how to respond. He seemed relieved by my reaction, his hand running through his hair. "Oh! My name's Lucifer, by the way. And that's Azazel." He jerked a thumb towards the silver-blonde haired man who had brought me here. I laughed to myself. Even their names are that of demons. "What's your name, if I may ask?"

"...... Um... Micah. This isn't... Really Hell... Is it?" Lucifer looked afraid for a moment. "Well, yes. It is. You see, I am Lucifer, the ruler of Hell? Maybe you've heard of me?" I nodded again. "The fallen angel, Lucifer. And his right hand follower, Azazel." Azazel nodded in recognition, his disapproving gaze never changing.

"Then, why did you bring me here?" Lucifer paused. "You are here... To be... My bride." Everything seemed to stop as I listened. "But, I can't be your bride." Lucifer's expression seemed to fall as I said this. "And, why not?"

"Because I have things to do on Earth. Cook and clean and take care of my brother... I can't stay here!" Lucifer's eyes swirled, changing into a deep shade of red. He marched closer, grabbing my wrist. He preceeded to pull me out of the throne room, down a long hallway, up a flight of stairs, continuing left and right until we reached a door. He then opened it to reveal the room inside, and tossed me in.

I landed with a thud, looking up at Lucifer. "You are my bride. No one - related or not - is going to take you from me. Stay here until you realize your position. And don't try to leave. It's quite high up, and I have many guards placed around this room. Until you agree to be my bride, you're not going anywhere." With that, he locked the door, leaving me alone in my room.