Chapter Thirty Six || I Will Never Let You Down

________________________________________________
When you say you've had enough
And you might just give up
Oh, oh
I will never let you down
When you're feeling alone in love
I'll be what you're dreaming of
I will never let you down - Rita Ora
________________________________________________
Gionni Amir Montana

Chapter Thirty Six || I Will Never Let You Down ________________________________________________When you say you've had enoughAnd you might just give upOh, ohI will never let you downWhen you're feeling alone in loveI'll be what you're dreaming of...

Laying my mother to rest had to be the second hardest thing I'd ever had to do, beside laying my baby sister to rest. I swear just standing over her casket and imagining it being submerged into a hole and covered with dirt ate away at my soul repeatedly like flys at a decayed body. I didn't even know what to do or how to feel at this point, I was lost. Even with Kamille here by my side guiding me through this, I was lost without the only two women that shared the same blood as me. Nobody knew how I felt and I was almost positive that nobody ever would understand.

I know it was kind of crazy for me to feel so deeply about my mother after going years without talking to her, but that's what made it hurt even worse. I went years without talking to her, not knowing that the opportunity to do so would be this short. Some shit I would just never understand, so I stopped trying to. There wasn't shit that I could do to change what had happened or how it had gone down, so there was no use in running myself crazy over it. I just had to push on and keep her with my in spirit.

"I'm sorry for your lost son, if you need anything you know I'm here for you just as if you were my very own Gionni. Don't ever hesitate to call me," my mother in law spoke to me as she rubbed at the spot on my shoulder and offered me an encouraging smile. I couldn't even speak, so I only nodded my head and forced one of those weak smiles of my own as I kissed her cheek. Kamille's mom had played a big part in my mourning as well, I needed it.

Once she'd walked off from me, I stood alone at the casket as I just stared at it like it would soon disappear. The service hadn't lasted but a good thirty minutes before it was finished. It hadn't been many people in attendance, only me, Kamille, Lauren, KJ, Lamar, Raegan, both Kam's parents, and a few of my mom's old time friends who'd found out some way. I wasn't even sure how they'd found out, but they did and had come to pay their respect to her and I couldn't argue with that. I sighed heavily as I place my palm flat on the cold light pink casket that was trimmed in a rose gold accent color, then just closed my eyes. This was it.

"I love you momma and I'll make sure both you and Gabby rest in peace. All I ask is that you watch over me and guide me ma, I could use that right now. Tell Gabby her I love her and miss her for me .." I stopped talking as I felt my heart beating faster. "And that I'm sorry, to the both of you." I said and opened my eyes. If on cue, Kamille walked up on me and stood next to me. She shot me an encouraging smile as her hand found its way into mine.