Chapter Thirty Seven || Crunch Time

____________________________________________
Fuck what they talking, it ain't like life come often
Only thing worse than death is a regret filled coffin
So try before you die or always wonder what if?
I thank the lord for this wonderful gift
Looking for strength in this crunch time - J. Cole
_______________________________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

On this Thursday, the very first Thursday in the month of June I found myself in an emotional wreck as I prepared to witness a life changing event for myself

On this Thursday, the very first Thursday in the month of June I found myself in an emotional wreck as I prepared to witness a life changing event for myself. On this day my baby, my heart, is crossing over from being my baby brother to just my brother, he was no longer a baby anymore and it saddened me. I stood still a bit at the counter in my bathroom as I'd just completed my facial routine as well as my teeth cleaning. Today hadn't been good for me, on top of KJ graduating, my little baby in here was giving my ass the blues and I couldn't seem to shake the feelings.

I took a deep sigh and then drank a sip of water before taking my prenatal vitamins prescribed by my doctor. I had gotten use to taking these vitamins every morning by now, so over time it'd became apart of my daily routine. Right after my vitamin, I took another pill for heartburns in hopes that they'd stop. My chest is burning and has been all morning, so I'd gotten desperate and I decided to go ahead and take the pill. I had a slightly small pain tolerance, but I tried to keep my medications at a minimum for both my health and the health of my little unborn baby.

"Baby!" I heard Gionni call to me as he came into the room. I didn't say anything and soon he found me at the counter. I gave him my attention by looking through the mirror at him to figure out what he wanted. He walked up behind me, pulling me closer into him where my back pressed into his front as his arms made their way around my body. "You aight?" He continued to say as he placed a single kiss in the crook of my neck and looked at me. I gave him one of those weak smiles and then nodded at him.

Even though I was highly aggravated almost all the time by shit I couldn't even control, I tried my best to keep a positive vibe to me. I didn't want my emotions and feelings to get the best of me and it ended up being released on Raegan and Gionni. I'd dealt with my last pregnancy with my parents and my best friend, so I had to get use to it being a daughter and a boyfriend and child's father who actually supported me through this, this go round. It was something to get used too, but I loved my support system.

"I'm fine, just a little heart burns is all." I told him confidently as I gave him a reassuring smile afterwards. By the look on his face I just knew he didn't believe me and thought it was more to it.

"You sure Kam? If some ain't right I need you to tell me." He said and his words only aggravated me more than I already was. I knew I had just said I was trying to keep cool, but it was like I couldn't even help it at this point. I knew what was wrong with me, it had happened with Raegan, so I was experienced with it, I didn't need him looking over my shoulder all the time about it.