Sunny Side Blu

I awoke to Blu's hair all in my face and smiled. I'm going to do right by her and I'm going to start by talking to Cameron and just trying to be as civil as possible with him despite how I feel about their friendship. I gently lifted her head off my chest trying not to wake her. So much for that.

"Mhm..." She moaned sweetly without moving her lips. I smiled at her before leaning to kiss her forehead. "Good morning." I said to her as she yawned. "Where are you off to?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"Nowhere important." I said back smiling as she got out of bed and ready to take a shower.

"Good, because we're going surfing today!" She exclaimed back excitedly kissing my cheek and running off to get ready.

An hour later we were well on our way. I had my board and I was waxing it and getting it ready when Cameron and Vance showed up. Blu hugged them both in a greeting and showed them their boards. Our instructor started to go over fundamentals. Blu doesn't know, but I'm a really good surfer. The instructor knows nothing, she's teaching us the doggy paddle which I learned when I was 2.

"Matthew, at least look interested." Blu said jokingly nudging my shoulder. "I'm sorry, it's just I know how to surf like real waves, baby." I said laughing as Blu came closer to me. "I'm a little out of it too, you know." She spoke as her eyes wondered letting me know something's up.

"What's bothering you?" She shrugged and pulled me away from Cameron and his friend.

"Them." She said. "I was planning on talking to Cameron about what I saw. And not to hurt his feelings, but to be honest and maybe be nicer to him for you." I said as she smiled at me,

"That's my boy. He deserves to know. I don't want him to get attached, so maybe it is better he knows now."

"Do you feel any better now knowing you don't have to keep a secret?" I asked her and she grinned wildly. "Most definitely."

"Good, let's get you back to doggy paddle training." I said making her laugh. "Hush or show me your great surfer ways. Then you can talk crap." She said back as I headed toward the ocean.

"Prepare to be amazed." I yelled to her as I dove under a little wave and paddled out. I saw a killer wave coming and I knew it was heaven sent. I prepared to lift up and immediately I was coasting as the water rippled up and down. I crashed near the end and had to catch my breath. I came up for air and all I could hear was Blu's applause and whistling.

****

We were getting dressed for the luau that Blu had scheduled us for. She seemed so excited about it all, so I decided to have her happy attitude about it too. Pepper and Rickey are supposed to be flying in tonight, so nothing should go to wrong except for my talk I was going to have with Cameron which would hopefully end with a good explanation from Vance and everything would just go along.

"Ready baby?" I yelled at her through the bathroom door. She swung it open and of course she took my breath away with her stunning face. "Do I look okay?" She asked self consciously making me want to shake her and tell her how beautiful she was.

"You look better than...okay. You...you're perfect. Let's go before we never make it." I said grabbing her arm and leading her out while she laughed.

"You're so silly. I don't even look that good." She said back and I laughed. "Say one more dumb thing and I swear we're going to fight." I said joking with her as we walked down to the dinner. Cameron and Vance had already made it down and dinner had already been served, so ours sat in front of us waiting when we got there.

"Cameron, can we talk?" I asked after we'd all eaten and Vance and Blu looked preoccupied by the dancers. "Yeah...sure." He said to me skeptically. We walked to the bar which wasn't far, but far enough for us to have a conversation and not be seen or heard.