e-nd

6 years later

areum came to the table with a pot, filled with her amazing cooking.

"what's inside I wonder~"

"you're favourite." she smiled.

"really?" I opened the pot to find my favourite bulgogi bibimbap. i filled my bowl with the food and savoured every bite.

"hey areum-"

"yeah." she replied looking up from her food to look at me."

"you know that day," i said with food in my mouth.

"what day?" she said as half of the contents of her mouth came out.

"aish," i picked off the rice that landed on my cheek.

"the day I came back from Australia, didn't you already know I was having my hearing fixed?"

"no, how would I have known if she didn't tell me or reply to my messages?!" 

"so during this, what is it now. 5, no 6 years, you never opened that box?!"

"what box-" she froze realising what I told her before I left to Australia.

I stood up from the table and went to her bedroom scanning for the small chest I put there when I first showed her the apartment. I grabbed the chest, still on the highest shelf and headed back to the table to her. I placed the box on the table.

"I forgot-" she sulked.

"the key?" I said, referring to the second key I gave her along with the one to open the unit.

"it's still on my chain." she got up and hurried to her bag where she grabbed it out and fished around for a small sliver key.

she headed over and opened the box.

she peeked inside and saw a plain silver ring and a small note. tears pooled in her eyes and I embraced her from behind as she opened up the small note.

'this ring will keep us together even when we aren't, and it shows my love for you, although I'm sure to be giving you another one soon ;)

After the accident that made me go deaf, I kinda enjoyed it. I didn't have to hear the crap people were talking about me anymore, or have to socialise with anyone. until you came along. honestly the first time we met, you made me laugh inside. you insisted on talking to me, and I was so flustered. after that day I told my parents I would go to Australia to do the special operation they had been urging me to do. i want to hear your voice areum. 

by the time you read this note I would have already left for Australia. I haven't told anyone else because the operation doesn't have a 100% success, so I might come back the same, but I hope that won't disappoint you. 

love, taehyung.'

she immediately hugged me burying her face in my chest, her warm tears soaking through my shirt. she finally let go and then grabbed the silver ring from the box and was about to put it on her finger when I snatched it away from her and put it in my pocket.

"wha-"

from my other pocket I grabbed a gold ring and areum cupped her mouth in disbelief.

"can I?" I asked as I held the ring towards her fourth finger.

she nodded with a big smile on her face and I slid the ring onto her finger as she admired the diamond on it.

"it fits perfectly." I said with relief.

"to be honest, it's my late grandmother's. she told me to give it to the person I love. ive had it for 4 years now. if it looks old, we can get another one-"

"no, no, it's beautiful. she held in towards the light and then hugged me once more.

"thank you." she said. "i love you," a quiet voice murmured.

"what was that?" i said with sarcasm.

"i think you smell like poop and you should go shower." i sulked and then hugged her even tighter.

"here then smell me all you want." she squealed as she became trapped in my embrace and then we fell to the ground bickering. she lay on my stretched out arm and we stayed like that for a long time. i rolled over to look at her shining face, her beautiful features. she rolled over too, and we looked deep into eachtothers' eyes. 

"i love you." she said clearly.

"i love you too." i replied back, and held her cheek.

"i took an inch closer and kissed her forehead.

"thank you areum."

hey hey hey, took like a month to finish the last chapter hahahaahaha. so i gave a kinda cheesy ending, i hope ya don't mind. + worse kiss scene, tryna keep it PG guys haha. i really thank everyone who has stayed from beginning to end, i appreciate you guys. i could never have imagined even getting 1k reads, but i now am proud to say i have finished my first ever fanfiction at 6.1k which is so amazing. thank you guyssssss