I Met An Asshole

I woke up to something licking my face. I peeked my eyes open and picked up my hand. My hand touched a furry head and I knew it was my German Shepherd. It felt like he was tilting his head at me. I groaned, "Racer... Go away."

Racer barked and I suddenly felt my comforter being pulled away from me. I quickly grabbed onto it to try to keep it over me. "Racer! Leave me alone!"

He continued trying to tug it away from me so I gave up and let it go. When he finally pulled it off the bed, I heard him sit next to the bed and barked.

I glared his way, "you are evil."

I swear I can feel him smirking at me.

I groaned as I forced myself to get up and get ready for school.

Knocks sounded at my door, "Ava!"

"I'm up!" I shouted in irritation. I can already feel that today was not going to be a good day.

My door opened and my uncle walked in. I pointed to where I can hear Racer breathing near my bed, "take that evil dog out of my room."

My uncle laughed, "did he wake you?"

I didn't bother answering his question. I just walked straight into my bathroom and got ready for school.

I walked into the kitchen with my laptop bag and binder in hand. I grabbed a granola bar on the island where it's usually placed and a bottle of water from the fridge. "I'm ready."

"You don't want to eat waffles?" Uncle Dave said.

I shook my head and headed straight to the elevator with him.

"So how was school yesterday?"

"I met an asshole," I scowled as I put on my ray bans.

He laughed, "sounds like a charming guy."

I rolled my eyes. Pfft... Charming my ass.

__________________________________

The car slowed down and I unbuckled my seatbelt, "don't be late."

"I can't pick you up so Miles will be picking you up."

Miles is a former military man. He's in his late twenties and I heard from Mary that he's a really gorgeous guy. He was honorably discharged after an incident that happened during that time he was deployed in Iraq. I don't know exactly what happened but it was none of my business. All that mattered was that he was trustworthy and not a criminal.

"Why? You got a meeting again?"

He sighed, "yes, I swear you'd think that these people didn't know how to do their job with how many times they have to call me in."

I laughed, "well, you wanted to be a business man so suck it up. Money isn't just gonna fall from the sky."

"Whatever, smartass, now get out of my car." He jokingly said.

I stuck my tongue out at him and got out. I can hear him laughing as he drove off. I rolled my eyes as I headed up to the entrance of the school.

I didn't need anything from my locker so I just went to Hailz and Kenzie's locker. I can hear them chattering about what they are going to wear at the party this coming Friday. It's a Wednesday so I know that they are planning to go shopping for a new outfit for the party.

I stopped next to them and they immediately shifted, pausing their conversation.

"Ava, you're coming to the party, right?" Hailee asked, excited.