11 - DOUBLE TROUBLE

YOUR POV

"What's happening to the void? It's starting to disappear!"

"Everyone, evacuate to the candy kingdom!"

I squeezed into the crowd to find my sister, however, she's still nowhere to be found. I shouted her name but she didn't respond until I heard a whispering voice from behind that made me pause for a moment.

"She's at the forest..."

I turned myself back and zoomed away from the candy people, only to witness her sitting on the grass near the cotton candy trees.

"Jane! What are you doing?" I shouted, running towards her, hitting the trunk with my palm.

"(Y/n), where are you!"

I pulled Jane's arm, dragging her away from the forest that irritated me.

When she's finally convinced to go with me, we run towards the entrance of the candy kingdom where Finn and Jake were waiting including Princess Bubblegum who's now holding a weapon of her choice. She tossed us a gun but Jane refused. I grabbed her gun instead, pulling her hand inside while she moved groggily.

"What's gone into you? Stop acting weird and just go with us."

"I just can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"They're here!" Marceline shouted.

We heard a loud bang outside like an army of a thousand cowboys empowering the whole island of Ooo. I darted my eyes to a moving army as if they were ants, ready to devour the entire Candy Kingdom.

"Release the bomb!" One of the soldiers pulled out the rope from the canon as the bomb reached the Outsiders.

"They're invincible. Move to Plan B, attack!"

"WAIT!" Princess Bubblegum covered the door, the Banana Guards doing the same thing. They all gasped in confusion, most of them asking why she had to stop them.

"Why are you so hesitant?" I asked my sister. Princess Bubblegum's hollers are only heard in the background so I asked her again.

"I... I have to."

"What? What do you mean?" I held her right hand with both hands as she answered me with an unwavering trance. "I... I need to—"

"Stop the fight!" A voice is heard from the outside, the sound of the megaphone turning on. I stood up then scoot next to the exasperated princess. I asked her if she's okay but she only answered me with a nod and a fake smile. On the other hand, Marceline planned on attacking the leader of the Outsiders. However, Jane stood up from her seat and told the vampire to let the outsider talk first.

What is she doing?

"We are sent to your domain to find the lost princess!"

"Princess? What princess?" The crowd murmured—all of them clueless. "…If no one brings me the last princess..."

"All of you will die!" another raspy voice can be heard again.

"What!" Princess Bubblegum glanced back at Jane with a glare. Keeping my mouth shut was the only thing I could do despite trembling in fear. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I can—"

"Bring me the princess or I will kill you all!" I hugged Jane tightly as if her limbs will fall apart. Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, and Marceline joined us in a circle.

"I can't just let this day pass with another miserable memory. Please, Jane. Think for another plan." I bawled for the nth time, afraid that she will sacrifice as well. "(Y/n)…" We broke our embrace, "I have to..."

"Jane, please don't leave me." I cried. "You can't die, please..."

"You need to let go, Y/n. If this is what Zankoku wants, I need to sacrifice for our safety." she left without another remark.

"Jane, wait!" Finn and Jake held my arms as my sister ran towards the gates of the kingdom. "JANE!" Finn hugged me tightly. He laid his chin on my head, my face touching his shirt with his body. "I hate her so much!" I cried again, feeling his warm comfort embracing me.

"Shh...don't worry. We'll be here for you. If it's the only way, then do it for her too. She expressed her love to you as much as you did."

"Finn, please don't leave me..."

"I won't, Y/n. I won't."

❇️❇️❇️

- edited