13 - TEAR DROPS

YOUR POV

"Y/n, will you please eat your f-"

"I'm not in the mood to eat." I deadpanned, immediately approaching the door between our divisions. I slowly walked down the bridge connected to a house that my sister and I stayed for a while and banged the door open before laying down on the bed. "Why did she do that? To protect me? Will she just protect herself instead of everyone? I hate her so much!" I wailed once again, twisting and squirming. "Why?"

"(Y/n)? Will you please eat your breakfast? I'm worried about you. It's been two days since you haven't eaten yet. You can't just pass the day without eating. You'll get sick or worse." Finn pleaded behind the door and from that, I can imagine his concerned expression.

I glanced at the mirror where I saw my reflection trapped inside a blank void. I scuffed near it, staring at my hopeless figure. I clenched my fist, anger and sorrow building up. Charging it, I punched the mirror, its shattered glasses touching the floor. 

"Y/n! What's going on there? Open the door!"

Even if I live, my mistakes will always be a burden to everyone. Does it even matter if I live?

I knelt down on the rough surface of the floor watching the shards reveal my reflection. I held its sharp edge, grazing it on my skin. Blood began dripping slowly but it still felt numb to consider it painful.

"Stop!" Finn settled the plate on my bed, stopping me when I had the chance to die. "Let me go!"

He hugged me tightly, his arms encircling me and I was unable to escape his grasp. His scent was relaxing and the way his heart pumps briskly calmed me. "I'm stupid..." 

"You're not stupid," his thumb touched my cheeks, wiping my tears carefully, "Will she be happy if you kill yourself?" Finn stared at me, his pupils luring me to stop what I was doing. 

"It's not the end, Y/n. We're here for you to help you and your sister. Please don't try to hurt yourself just because everything is painful to endure. You matter to us and to your family."

I smiled, sighing. "Thank you. I'm sorry if...if I made you worry."

He stroked a strand of my hair away from my face then beamed.

"Uh..." he pulls me off his grasp carefully then muttered, "Why don't you eat first so we can visit the dungeon and loosen up these thoughts of yours?" I hummed then slid the plate between us. He picked up the spoon and unexpectantly zoomed it in front of me. "Say ah~" Finn whirled the spoon through my mouth like I was a baby then poked my cheeks mischievously. What's gone into him? "What are you doing?" I retorted.

"Feeding you?"

I glared at him. "But you smiled, does it matter now?"

"I'm not a baby..." I bit my lip, embarrassed. I snatched his hat incognizant, making his blonde hair flow above his shoulders.

"Woah."

"Hey, give me that!" he took his hat from me then smiled. "Stop doing that." I rolled my eyes, approaching the door with a mild heat on my face.

---

"So this explains why your ex-girlfriend ditched you."

"What?"

"She's not into adventure, is she?" I sat down beside him, watching the lava pop from the other side, "What? No. You don't even know her."

"Then what was the reason?" he threw a stone at the lava as it fizzled and popped. "I made a mistake." he looked away. "Oh, uh...sorry to ask it out of blue..."

"It's okay. It's all in the past now." He curved his lips and threw another stone to the other side. "Yeah..." I gave out a sigh then smiled right after he threw another one in the air. "Oh, I almost forgot..." he snapped his finger, leaning on his side to grab something in his pocket. 

"Your sister must've dropped this outside the kingdom." Finn pulled out a red necklace shaped in an elliptical gem. He wrapped it around my neck, closing it with a snip before pulling my hair back.

I felt a little sting in my chest; my head heating up a little.

"Shall we?" he offered his arm to accompany me towards the dungeon, biting another comforting smile.

"We shall."

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited