Chapter Thirteen: Early Ungrounding

I was lying upside down next to Cassidy on her bed while watching a you-tuber rant, laughing at the things they did. Cassidy had become very attached to my iPod lately and had discovered Netflix, of course being the brilliant person she is, she hacked the system and got us all unlimited streaming of shows. Cass however was more attracted to YouTube.

A knock came from the bedroom door, Bentley opened it, "What's up guys?"

"Watching YouTube," replied Cass with a burst of laughter. Out of nowhere, Bentley flops down on the bed, on top of Cassidy and my backs, crushing us.

"Oh my god! You're killing us!" I yelped. Him, being the little shit he was, decided to go completely dead weight. "Bentley!"

"O. M. G. Lets talk about hot boys and paint our nails and curl our hair then go shopping!" He mocked in a high pitched voice. I took a swing at him but he was to far back for me to reach. Cassidy was cackling hysterically because first off a boy was touching her and she was feeling totally awkward and second Bentley kept pushing my hair in my face, which she obviously found hilarious. These two together were not a good idea. Finally I gave up and rested my head on my hand. There was no winning with these people sometimes.

After what felt like forever he finally sat up and stopped crushing the two of us and Cass was finally able to breath like a normal person.

"What did you want?" I asked, combing through my now tangled hair.

"The guys wanted you downstairs," he replied standing up and heading for the door. Cassidy and I looked at each other curiously.

"Why?" she asked. Bentley shrugged dramatically. He was such great help, not.

We followed Bentley out of the room and downstairs. Together the three of us went into the den.

"What's up guys?" I asked concerned. Out of nervous habit I twirled a strand of my hair in anticipation.

Sam was the first to answer, "You're un-grounded." Cass and I shared a look with each other asking the same thing.

"What happened?" Cass asked next.

"We need you both to come with us for a hunt," replied Dean, who plainly wasn't pleased with that fact.

"A good friend of ours was killed, a hunter named Jamie, out in Montana. We're going out there to finished what she started. Her son called us about and hour ago."

"So what was it that killed her?"

"Vampires."

"Vampires?" I looked from one face to another, "Seriously?" They all nodded. Screaming internally, I continued speaking, "So, do you want us to go pack our bags?" Again, they all nodded. I turned on my heel and exited the room, heading for the basement.

As I was getting my stuff arranged in my duffle bag I found something unexpected, a photograph of my mom and I. Heartache instantly washed over me, this had been the photo I had taken from the broken frame in the front room the morning it all began. I guess I had buried it deep under all of my things. Reaching under my bed I pulled out the box that had been my first hunter's survival kit. That all felt like a million life times ago now. With a sigh I turned back to my bag and tossed in my laptop and it's charger.

"We're off on an adventure," I said quietly to myself in a British accent. I was so weird when I was alone. Honestly, I made faces at myself in mirrors and talked in funny voices. Obviously, I needed more social interaction in my life. Laughing slightly I replied to my own thought with a, "Yeah right. Social life? What is that?" Tumblr was probably my only connection to the outside world of strange normal people. Looking around I decided it was time to go up stairs.