Chapter 39. A Bait.

Scarlett.

Tip. Tip. Tip.

I still can't forget that sound of water dripping.
That was the only sound in that place when I arrived.
Water dripping.

Martin's warning kept replaying in my head..

He's my son, Scarlett. Don't go. Don't fall for his trap. He wants you, dead.

Dead...

Its funny how most of my life I have only heard this one thing said to me, constantly, over and over.
Want You, dead.

I wanted to call Rage. Tell him everything at once. Knowing he'll do something.

But I couldn't. Not when my only family's life is at stake.

"Timmy." I called out, with my left hand touching the gun, Rage gave me, in my jean's waist band.
I was armed.
Before I left the community.
I had taken my gun and a long end knife from Rage's weapon collection. Hiding them both in the waist band of my jeans.

There was no sound. Just the water dripping somewhere.
It was all so eerie..

"Timmy." I screamed.

My heart was clenching, painfully and my shoulders felt cold and stiff.
I was so scared. I knew at any moment, my life will change forever. And I won't be able to do anything about it.

Consciously, my right hand rested on my stomach.

Everything's going to be okay.

I kept chanting to myself and my unborn baby..

I have waited my whole life for this. My whole life to give birth to my child. My blood. My family.
I can't loose this. I cant loose.... my baby..

I sent a thousand prayer to anyone up there, to help me and Timmy out of this, alive..

I flinch when the sound of my cellphone ringing, alerts me.
I quickly press the green button seeing the caller id of Tim.

"Where is he..." I said through gritted teeth even though my whole body trembled with fear.

The sound of footsteps, from my left makes me gasp, and I pull out my gun with my free hand and pointed it in that direction.
My hand shivered uncontrollably.

He chuckles from the other end of the phone call.

"Stop playing games. I am here now. Let him go." I hissed into the receiver.
"Oh, my darling, Scarlett. Whats the fun in that?" He asks in that velvety smooth voice.

"Please....let him goo..." I pleaded into the phone, with my eyes still set into the darkness.
The only light source was that of the large window with broken shades.
It was too dark to make out anything, just a shadow of walls here and there.
It was getting dark, the sun setting. I needed to hurry up.

"Find him, and he is all yours..." Zaine whispers into the receiver, his breath crackling on the speaker.
Just then the sound of something steel, dropping on the floor, makes me move abruptly and turning into the direction, where I came from.