20

:•: Happy 20th chapter btw guys! wow if feels like forever ! :•:

|| Everly's POV ||

Does he think of me like I think of him? All the fucking time? So very highly? My entire world?

Did I let him go?

No.

I let myself go.

And I set him free to save him when really, it was me who needed saving. He was my savior. He was my everything. He was the reason I smiled. The notification I hoped for on my lock screen. The voice that was the melody in which providing my life with lyrics worth a million words.

He was it. He was everything. And I was too fucking dumb to see it. I was too selfish to see his worth. Instead, I was too busy searching for mine. But Ryland, he not only gave me but my life worth, as well.

It's magical. How a single human being can put millions of thoughts in my head just with his voice.

I didn't deserve how good he treated me and I made myself deserve it even less.

I need to find him and apologize immediately before it's too late. I don't think i'm too far from home yet.

Thoughts as water and i've been swimming through them all day.

I turn the opposite way as I was headed and sprinted, not even sure where I was going. Hopefully I find familiar surroundings and get back home.

I wasn't running for long before I heard a sound. Revving. My breathes hard, heavily inhaled and exhaled. I look up from my swiftly moving feet to headlights. It took me a seconds to process it was a car coming right at me.

A feeling I was too scared to feel is set free into my body as I involuntarily roll into the grass as the car honks their horn for a long time louder than a earthquake, it seemed.

The grass slits into my skin and twigs impaled my body parts as I quickly roll down into a ditch where i'm stopped by a puddle reeking with the smell of rotting eggs.

"Fuck!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I stand up out of puddle soaking wet in ditch water. Mud and grass stains stain my white t-shirt shirt of some old yet emo band that wasn't even mine. It was Everest's shirt. He left it here when he went to college and it somehow ended up in my closet.

I've paired it with leggings now soaking wet and high top black converse oozing with water with every step closer to home I take. At least I hope it's closer to home.

With my luck, I'm probably going the wrong way.

I bend down and take off my shoes, untying the mud-stained once-white shoe laces and clasping both of the shoes in my thumb and index finger.

~

It was at least two hours before I had finally reached my street. When I saw the the green street sign with my street name on it, I could feel my face lighten up. My gut dropped as i sprinted once more to the door step of a certain male. A special one. One that makes my life complete.

I knock on the door but no one was there. He was probably sleeping or getting ready or- I don't know. Was he ignoring me because I left?

Pft! Not possible! He doesn't even know it's me at the door. For all he knows I could be some girl scout trying to sell him Thin Mint Cookies!

"Ry?" I called before knocking on his door again. "You in there?"

No answer again.

"Ryland? Aries you're scaring me, dude! Where are you?" I say to the door.

"Where is he, you ask?" A familiar voice says behind my back.

I hear foot steps in Aries' lawn approaching me closer.

"I know where the kid is at."

I swiftly turn around to Everest. My brother. Reunited.

"Where? Everest tell me now!" I basically shout with urgency.

"They took him." He said. "They have him. They took him to hurt you. So you'd come looking for him. And if they caught you, that would hurt me. Force me to give them the 10k they want."

"Everest, I honestly don't give a shit right now about all of that. I just want to know where he is."

"Come with me and I'll show you." He says ever so softly before walking away.

I hesitate a little before I decide to follow him. My brother.
_____________________________

Hey guys!

yes ik! this is some short ass chapter and poorly written . blah blah blah what ever .

anywho

sorry for the somewhat long wait. almost a month but better than last time lol.

yes this chapter sucks but we must get thru the crap short ones in order to get to the long some what better ones :)

thanks for reading ! comment, vote, and follow me bc you love me :)))

btw guys , even tho we're only like half way done with the book, i think i've decided there will be a sequel to this book. i'm not for sure yet but i'm pretty certain as of the moment there will be a sequel.

i'm also working on another book! please comment and let me know of y'all are wanting to see another book by me or just want to read this.

if i publish the other book , updates may be longer , like a month or so. for each book lol.

so please lemme know :)

until next time ...

Buh-byeeeeeeeeeee!