Malfoy and Malfoy

Authors Notes: There is smut at the end of the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------

             Fleur smiled warmly at the pair. She adored them. Fleur didn't get along with Bills family, she pretended as best as she could. There were so many of them and it was hard to keep track of the many different flowing conversations. Not to mention that his relatives didn't like her much either. She had gained the grudging respect of Molly after Bill was attacked and she proved her love for him. But they weren't close and Molly never made her feel welcome. Arthur was decent to her but he didn't welcome her either. Fleur figured it was because he didn't want to attract Molly's ire.

           With her family in France she had gotten quite lonely. She didn't have any friends here other than Bill and Charlie. With Charlie in Romania most of the time, all she had was her husband. She had always found the twins to be funny but they hadn't ever really warmed up to her. Ginny hated her. That much was obvious. The girl thought she was so clever lowering her voice to ensure that Fleur couldn't hear her. Didn't she realize that her sense of hearing was heightened due to that fact that she was part creature? The snide insults and her horrid impressions of Fleur had never hurt her. It made her angry for sure. But she was a firm believer that the only people that could hurt you were the ones that she gave the power to. No one can hurt you unless you let them. Ron... was just weird. He was always hanging on to her every word. When she moved, she could feel his eyes on her tracking her movements. It freaked her out.  

            She wasn't sure what it was about her that made people weary of her. Was it that she was part Veela? They accepted Remus and he was a werewolf. Were they worried that she had somehow tricked Bill into marrying her? Probably. That was why she was feeling a kindred spirit with Draco. People would always mistrust them and never bother getting to know them. She knew that Draco had done bad things. Everyone has. People were kidding themselves if they think they never did something wrong. Sure, his were worse than your everyday sins but Draco was not bad nor evil. She could see the bigotry that he would have to overcome when he stepped out in the public eye. He would be facing people's prejudices just as much as she did when she was not with Bill.

            Women hated her on first sight, worried that she would want to steal their husband or boyfriends. Fleur wasn't stupid, she knew she had beautiful looks and she even at times abused that when she was younger. Some of the women would look at her and hate her based off of envy. They wanted her looks and wanted to be her. But the thing people don't realize is that yes, she may be beautiful but there will always be someone else who is just as beautiful or even more so. Jealousy is wanting things that you don't have. They envied her beauty while she envied the way they could walk around without glares. She envied the freedom that they had when just shopping or going out in public. Which is why she never could make female friends.

            But friends that were guys were hard to come by too. Most men can't ignore the pull of her Veela looks. Trying to have a conversation with someone who can't keep the dazed admiration off their faces was off putting. Which is why she loved that Harry had never looked at her like that. She could admit that she had not been very friendly with him at first. By all rights, it had looked like a boy wanting fame and fortune, she had assumed that he placed his name in the goblet of fire. But the more she watched him the more she grew confused. He didn't act like someone who wanted attention. She would watch him take the jeers and taunts of his classmates with a bowed head. She would watch the way he helped others and the way he handled the first task. He didn't gloat or talk down to others. He had thrown her for a loop back then. She couldn't figure him out. Even when she tried to use her looks, wanting to see how he would handle it, Harry never once batted a lash. He was different. She liked different.