25

****Third Person POV****

It had been nearly four hours since Laura had crashed. She was currently laying unconscious in a bed in the hospital wing.

As soon as the Marauders had gotten her to the previously empty wing, Madam Pomfrey had immediately begun to patch her up. Laura's left leg had been completely shattered. Her right arm was broken. She had a nasty cut on the back of her head. Not to mention all of the bruises covering most of her body. After wrapping all of her major injuries in a white gauze, Madam Pomfrey had forced a potion down Laura's throat and reassured the boys that her injuries should be healed after a few hours.

Peter was dozing off in the chair beside Laura's bed. Remus was frantically pacing the length of the room. James was sitting in the chair on the other side of Laura's bed with a blank look on his face, gripping her hand tightly. Sirius sat at the foot of her bed. His face was tear stained and his eyes were red and swollen.

"I'm sorry," Sirius croaked out. Whether the statement was directed to James or Laura, James didn't know. "This is all my fault," the boy continued, his voice cracking. Remus stopped pacing and placed a hand on Sirius's shoulder. He shrugged it off. "If I hadn't agreed to let you drive the bike, none of this would have happened."

"Pads," James sighed, looking up at his friend's grief stricken face. "This isn't your fault. There's no way that any of us could have known she was going to get hurt."

Before Sirius could say anything, a small groan came from the bed. The boys (minus the sleeping Peter) whipped their heads around to face Laura. Her eyes were still closed bit another groan came from her. Sirius and Remus scrambled closer to her on one side as James did the same on her other side.

"Thirsty," she croaked, her hand flying to her throat.

Smacking Peter's hand out from underneath his chin, Sirius snapped, "Go get Laura something to drink."

Wiping the sleep from his eyes, Peter rushed away without a word. Squinting into the bright lights of the room, Laura moved to sit up. Realizing her intentions, James helped her into a sitting position, propping her pillow up behind her. She raised her arm to run her hand through her hair but found that she couldn't due to the thick, white gauze covering most of her head.

Peter hurried back to Laura's side with a glass of water. Taking it gratefully, Laura gave him a weak smile before swallowing it all in a single gulp.

"How are you feeling, Princess?" Sirius asked, placing a protective hand on her non bandaged leg.

"Great. Never been better," Laura replied, hiding her wince behind a forced smile as the pain wracked through body at the slightest movement.

"You know," Remus said to her, sitting down in the chair Peter had vacated. "It's usually you who is visiting me in the hospital wing. Not the other way around."

"I know. It's weird being on the other side of the bed."

At that moment, Madam Pomfrey bustled over to the group.

"Oh good," she said, looking Laura over. "I'm glad you're awake."

Everyone fell silent as she poked and prodded at Laura's injuries.

Giving Laura another horrendous potion to drink, Madam Pomfrey said, "You are to spend the night in here doing nothing but resting. In the morning, I'll see how you're doing and we'll decide what to do with you from there." Glancing warily at James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter, she added, "Knowing just how stubborn you boys are, you'll stay with her no matter what I tell you. So as long as you're quiet, I'll allow it."

"Thank you," James said, sitting back down in his chair.

Madam Pomfrey nodded before walking off to her office. Sirius gingerly sat down next to Laura on her bed. Carefully avoiding her injuries, he slid his arm around her waist as she slowly laid the non bandaged part of her head on his shoulder.

"How's the motorcycle?" Laura asked, which didn't really surprise anyone.

It was such a Laura thing to do to have a near death experience and ask about the vehicle before she asked about herself.

"It's handlebars are slightly dented and the paint is majorly scratched. But you took the brunt of the hit so it's mostly okay," James explained to her, a small smile tugging at his mouth.

"You know," Laura mumbled as the potion began to take effect, causing her to become drowsy. "This has been the most exciting Valentine's day we've ever had," she finished as her eyes drooped shut.

Ten minutes later, Peter, who had went off to get food for everyone, reentered the hospital wing to a rather peaceful scene. Sirius and Laura were asleep together on the bed. Remus had his feet propped up on the end of the bed and was snoring quietly in his chair. James was sitting in a chair and had his head resting on Laura's bedside, still lightly gripping her hand.

Smiling to himself, Peter sat the food down on an empty bed and gently draped a couple of spare blankets over the sleeping figures. Sitting down next to the food, Peter grabbed Laura's camera (which Remus had grabbed earlier in the day to get pictures of Sirius's attempts to drive a motorcycle) off of the side table and took a picture of the scene before drifting off to sleep himself.