21

A/n: (IF YOU CAN) listen before you read!

- Thursday April 1st, 6;08 a.m -

CamilaCabello: good morning lern 🙂

LaurenJauregui: wow you're actually up early, that's a shocker.

CamilaCabello: rude

CamilaCabello: and I have to be, mine and Charli's radio interview is at 11

LaurenJauregui: oh that's nice

LaurenJauregui: you're performing your new song right?

CamilaCabello: yes! I'm excited! So make sure to tune in! 104.7

LaurenJauregui: don't hold your breath

-

Camila sighed as she read Lauren's message, she put her phone down and started to get ready. She wondered if Lauren was going to be listening, Camila knew she wrote that song for Lauren. Maybe not all of it, considering Charli wrote some too, but her parts were for Lauren. A part of Camila hoped Lauren would listen, but the other part hoped she wouldn't. She knew eventually Lauren would hear it though.

Camila did her hair, knowing her stylist would do her makeup once she got there. And once Camila was finished, she grabbed her purse and her keys, and walked out the door.

-

- 11;13 a.m -

Lauren sighed frustratedly as she drove to the studio, she was on the highway and there was so much traffic. Lauren remembered about Camila's interview, and her curiosity got the best of her.

So Lauren turned on the radio, and changed it to 104.7, "So we're here with Camila Cabello, and Charli XCX!" The radio interviewer said excitedly. "So how are you guys?" He asked, "We're great!" Camila said happily, and Lauren smiled a bit at the sound of Camila's voice. "Yeah, everything's been going well." Charli said. "So you guys wrote a song, and we're actually lucky enough to be the first to hear it!" He said excitedly and Camila giggled, "Yes, we did. We worked pretty hard on the song." Camila said lightly.

"Can you two tells us about the song before we hear it?" He asked, "Well the funny thing about this song is the lyrics are kind of sad in there own way, you'll hear that when we sing it. But the beat is pretty upbeat." Charli explained. "Which is why we have Mathew right over there, to manage the audio and stuff." Camila said, "Hi Mathew." She said causing Charli to giggle.

"I'm so excited! So why don't we just get into it then?" The interviewer asked, "Alright! This is called "It Ain't Me."." Camila said happily, and a beat started. Lauren turned up the radio a bit.

"I had a dream, we were sipping whiskey neat. Highest floor, the Bowery. And I was high enough." Charli sang and Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "Somewhere along the lines we stopped seeing eye to eye. You were staying out all night and I'd had enough." Camila sang gently and Lauren frowned as she listened.

"Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning? Who's gonna rock you when the sun won't let you sleep?" Charli sang, "Who's waking up, to drive you home, when you're drunk and all alone? Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning?" Charli sang, "It ain't me!" They both sang as the beat dropped.

"It ain't me (The Bowery, whiskey neat, grateful, I'm so grateful)
It ain't me (The Bowery, whiskey neat, grateful, I'm so grateful)
It ain't me." Charli and Camila's mixed voices took over.

After the beat finished Camila started again, "I had a dream we were back to seventeen. Summer nights and the libertines, never growing up. I'll take with me, the polaroids and the memories." Camila sang passionately, "But you know I'm gonna leave behind the worst of us." Charli sang loudly.

"Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning? Who's gonna rock you when the sun won't let you sleep?" Camila sang passionately, "Who's waking up to drive you home, when you're drunk and all alone? Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning?" Charli sang,

"It ain't me!" They both sang. "It ain't me!" Camila sang, "No, no." Charli sang. "It ain't me." Camila sang, "No, no." Charli sang. "It ain't me!" Camila sang again, "No, no." Charli sang.

"Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning?" Camila sang, "It ain't me!" Charli sang loudly. "It ain't me!" Camila sang loudly, "It ain't me!" Charli sang. "Ah-ou, Ah-ou." Camila sang, "It ain't me!" Charli sang. "Ah-ou, Ah-ou." Camila sang again, "It ain't me!" Charli sang. "Ah-oh-oh-oh." Camila sang softly, "It ain't me." They both sang the last lyric.

Lauren only sat there dumbfounded after the song finished. "What the fuck." Lauren mumbled to herself.