- friends + fitness -

ON MONDAY, school resumed, and the word that the new kid, Elenora, had been beat up by Flash had traveled quickly, and pity looks were shot at her as she walked down the hallways

But Elenora didn't care. Natasha taught her that if you look forward you wouldn't be caught up in people's stares, and you'd seem more confident, and Elenora liked the sound of confidence. It was something new. It was fresh.

Peter was searching in his locker for materials when he saw Elenora make her way down the hallway. Her jaw was tense but her hands were casually holding her books. "Hey, hey! Elenora!" He called, fumbling to close his locker and make his way to her, the entire hallway peering at him nervously.

"Hey, Parker," she smiled, giving him a little wave and slowing down so he could match her pace.

"Uh, what's up?" he asked nonchalantly, wiping the sweat off his hands and on to his jeans. Elenora eyes him, he was nervous.

"What's wrong?" she asked him, already knowing what it would be.

He shrugged, trying to come off as calm. "You're just acting, uh, different."

"It's the caffeine," she told him honestly. "Bucky gave it to me. A whole cup of straight up coffee. And sugar. Because I hate dark coffee. Appearanlty Bucky does too, but he says it 'ruins his reputation' to be drinking super sugary coffee drinks, so he has to hid his liking. Wow, I probably shouldn't have said that. It's just the coffee. It's because of training last night with Natasha, it really drained me. Steve's not supposed to know."

Peter was struggling to follow, but it eventually connected. "If he knew, he'd make you stop, wouldn't he?"

Elenora nodded. "But on the bright side it gives me confidence. I don't care as much when I'm sleep deprived."

Peter chuckled, "Yeah, that's totally a great thing."

"In some ways," she admitted with a small laugh.

Across the hall, a rumbling began, and Elenora and Peter knew it was Flash.

"Y'know what, I'm gonna go fight him," Elenora stated, nodding her head. It took Peter a moment to realize she wasn't joking. He remembered what Bucky had told him before he went to greet Elenora yesterday morning.

"Yeah, she's in her room, give it a couple knocks. And Parker, look out for her in school, okay? Kid's got a lot of things to fight. Can't have it at school, too."

He choked on his words. "You sh-shouldn't do that. Like ever. How about we don't do that," he grabbed her hand and lead her in the direction of their first period class, "and we just get to class. Safely."