chapter 23

that got my attention, does he mean Cole's Elizabeth?

Before I could ask Ash anything else there was a loud knock at the door. Completely loosing my train of thought I called out "come in!" Ash sighed and got up to open the door.

Cole burst into the room "Cole!" I said happily walking up to him.

"What the fuck are you doing!" Cole yelled at Ash, shoving him against the wall. Before Cole could do anything else I pulled him away from Ash.

Rather than yelling back Ash simply tried to explain himself. "Listen man I don't want any trouble, i'm just trying to help." Cole furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but still had a scowl on his face.

"It's Elizabeth" Ash began, but from the mention of her name Cole tensed up even more and his angry expression replace itself with a more surprised one.

"She wants revenge from when you-" "Okay I get it we don't need to be specific" Cole cut Ash off. "No hold on what happened?" I questioned, turning towards Cole.

"Babe don't worry we can talk about it later okay?" Cole replied kissing my forehead "go and find Dylan please." I saw Ash roll his eyes before Cole escorted me out of the room, locking the door behind me.

Cole's P.O.V.

I turned back around to see Ash with his arms folded with an 'are you serious look.' "what's your problem?" i asked him.

"My problem? why aren't you telling her anything?" I sighed in response, there's no way i could tell y/n I cheated on Elizabeth with her best friend. I've already screwed up two many times and i'm surprised she hasn't left for good yet.

"That's my business but can you tell me what the hell is going on with Elizabeth?" Ash rolled his eyes but began explaining "I don't know what else she has planned but you better watch your back, remember those guys that jumped you at that party? yeah she was behind that." Was she out of her mind? this happened like a year ago.

"But listen you have to be open with y/n. It's not often you find someone that great and she actually likes you a lot." I listened to Ash drone on about Y/n and what I should do for what felt like forever, does he think I don't know how great she is? From the moment I saw her I was blown away by her beauty and after living with her for so long I know how kind and intelligent she is. I've never met someone so genuine with nothing but good intentions for everything she does.

"Just talk to her and don't let her go alright?"
"Yeah okay, hey thanks for the heads up though, we really appreciate it." He surprised me by pulling me in for one of those bro hugs and made me feel as uncomfortable as ever but I let it go.

"It's no problem man but you probably won't here from me again so take care." and with that he left so I decided to find y/n and hopefully get her to sober up and go to bed.

Y/n P.O.V.

By now most of the people had cleared out thanks to Dylan. I was now sat on the counter eating strawberries and whipped cream out of the can.

Dylan was leaning against the fridge watching me with an amused look. "what?" I giggled at him. "Oh nothing" Dylan brushed it off.

Just as I was about to eat more cream Cole and Ash walked into the room. Ash walked up to me and lifted me off the counter by my waist. When he pulled me in for a hug Cole obnoxiously cleared his throat. We turned to see him looking annoyed and impatient.

Ash chuckled and turned back to me "i'll see you around okay?" I nodded and he took that as his cue to leave.

There was some weird tension in the air but I spoke up first "well don't you have some explaining to do."

~~~

idk if i like this but oh well