Game On

A long chapter! Over 2000 words!
You are welcome ;)
Also this chapter for the readers who loved and enjoyed Ms. Billionaire and her love story![love story of Jay's parents]
Please do vote and comment!

Jayson was lost for a minute at her sudden departure but when he went out to follow her, he saw the elevator door closing. Jayson shook his head and chose to ignore it. Women could be unusual when they wanted to be. Maybe she just remembered something.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he swiped it open to see a message from his sister.

“I am home. Having lunch with mom and dad. Come join and don’t you dare say you are busy and remind me to introduce you to the green button on the phone that allows us to answer the calls.”

Jayson smiled at Kiara’s antiques. He remembered a miss call from her few days ago but he forgot to call back.

“I am heading out for a few hours. Call me if anything urgent comes up and free my schedule for tomorrow morning if a call comes from Mr. Banks from the jeweler’s showroom.” Jayson said to his secretary as he left the office.

“I will drive out by myself Peter. Thank you” Jayson said he took the car keys from him.

He parked outside the museum where Kate worked and went inside. The receptionist stood up when she saw Jayson walk. She glanced at her reflection on the laptop screen and put on bright smile.

“How may I help you?” She said as she leaned forward, her breasts ready to spill out of her tight work blouse.

Jayson came here often but she seemed like a new employee.

“I am here to meet Kate Anderson.” Jayson said trying to mask his disgust from the way she was literally hanging over the desk. Didn’t the word professional exist in her dictionary?

Kate was heading towards the main exhibition with a few documents in her hand when she realized she needed half of them to be faxed out. She made a beeline for the reception, the nearest fax machine. As she approached the reception, a smile lit up her face when she saw Jay standing at there. It had been a hectic day and she was glad to see him but the smile turned into a scowl when she noticed the new receptionist openly flirting with her man and Jay had a disgusted expression his face. She quickened the steps and she saw the relief wash over his features when he spotted her.

The receptionist wanted to throw something at Kate but she almost choked when she saw the gorgeous man hug her and kiss her forehead tenderly. Ah well, worth a try.

“Hey love. How was your day?”

Very busy, I feel so tired.” Kate replied as they moved to one side away from the reception area.

“I was heading over my parents’ place for lunch. I dropped by to ask if you wanted to come.”

“I am so sorry. I still have to fax these out and the samples are coming in for the main exhibition. We still have to finalize those.” Kate said. She leaned up on her toes and kissed his cheek.

“It is your lunch hour Kate. At least eat something”

“I will.”

“I know you won’t” Jayson said he took her hand and lead her towards the small restaurant next to the museum. Kate just laughed as she followed him.

They were almost done with lunch when his phone vibrated again.

“I will have your head on a stick if you don’t show up soon.” Jayson pursed his lips at Kiara’s message.