T H I R T Y T W O

CHAPTER 32

HARRY

I need to find her.

The idea of her being outside of the apartment would have been at least bearable if I was with her, not leaving my sight. But I have no control over what happens to her right now. All I know is that she's with Michael, and Zayn could overpower him any day of the week. Michael's like 5'3, and there's not a whole lot of muscles on the guy.

But I don't where to start. I should have taken the chance when Claire said I could join them, but I was so consumed by anger and fear. I wish I wouldn't react this way, because it just pushes her further away. I can't help it though, and it hurts when I think of how she thought it necessary to get away from me, to have fun. We used to have fun together.

I keep updating TMZ to see if there's photos posted of her, but so far there's nothing. I am determined to make things work out with Claire. The fact that she probably won't ever remember what happened before her abduction, makes things that more difficult. But not impossible.

I kept wondering why she was so unsure of me after she woke up, because in California, she said she loved me after two weeks of knowing each other. But the circumstances have changed. She woke up one day, being told who to love, who she is as a person, what will make her happy...

I love her. My chest deflates of air every time I think about how much I love her. But after she compared me to Zayn, I got a new mindset on things. I am, still, a stranger to her. I have approached the situation all wrong. It's not about telling her to trust me, it's about earning her trust.

And I plan to, if it's not too late.

CLAIRE

When the lights switch on, and I see my paintings placed all over the four walls of the room, my breath hitches. My body stiffens when I hear the people yell "surprise", looking at me with wide smiles and kind eyes. Michael joins the crowd, and Niall moves to face me. I look past his shoulder, and I see Louis, my parents, a few friends from England in the crowd. The rest is filled with people in expensive tuxes and dresses, and a few faces, I recognize. I try to wrap my mind around what is happening, but I can't quite figure it out until I look into Niall's blue eyes.

"I... hope you think this is okay, Michael helped me with the paintings, you're already getting crazy offers, but you don't have to sell them if you don't wanna. Welcome to your birthday party." He smiles proudly, his body standing tall in front of me. I hesitate for a second, overwhelmed by the sudden attention. I back up a little when I realize that I'm standing on a stage, towering over the crowd. Niall moves out of the way, and Louis walks up to hug me as the crowd disperses throughout the huge hall. I figure that Niall invited all of his elite friends to come see my art, putting it out there.

"So you didn't ruin the surprise?" Louis says to Niall, putting his arm over my shoulder.

"C'mon mate, give me some credit will ya? She had no idea!" He says an Louis nods, pouting his lower lip and raising his eyebrows, clearly impressed. I look over at Michael, who is talking to the small crowd of friends from England. He is the center of attention, of course.

"Hi, Claire? You probably don't remember me, I'm Liza," A girl with gorgeous blonde hair steps out of nothing it seems, putting her arm forward. I take it, and greet her.

"My girlfriend," Louis says proudly, sliding his arm off my shoulders, putting it over hers.

"Very nice to meet you Liza," I say, and she smiles cutely.