Chapter 3 - Why does the world hate me?

Chapter 3 – Why does the world hate me?

Justin's POV

As soon as I open the door I can automatically hear dad in his office. I sigh to myself and start making my way towards my room, trying my best to go unnoticed. Obviously, it doesn't work, it never does.

"Justin, come in here for a second," he calls out to me just as I think I might be able to make it.

I sigh again in annoyance before turning around and heading back for the office.

"Yes, dad?" I ask as I enter.

"We've got a problem," he informs me and, for the third time in two minutes, I sigh.

Of course we do.

"What is it?" I ask, walking over to the sofa at the side of the room and collapsing down onto it, wishing like hell that I was back at school.

No matter what people may think, being the Alpha's son isn't exactly as cool as it sounds. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I have to go to school and get great grades at the same time as wanting to try and keep up a social life. Then, I have to come home and sit with my dad for hours talking about what's expected of me, what goals I have to reach, what I have to do when I eventually do become Alpha.

I am sick and tired of it.

I have to help my dad go through paperwork and give pack meetings and help with pack training...

Basically, I'm like a second Beta as my dad wants to train me up to be the best Alpha that I can be, that he expects me to be, that the entire pack expects me to be.

And, let me tell you, it's not fun... or easy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to become the Alpha or anything one day, because I do. It's a great achievement and one that I'd be proud to uphold but, at the same time, it sucks ass that I'm the only eighteen year old that gets stuck with helping out with pack regulation paperwork, setting up meetings, and working out the best training regime.

Although, that's not quite true as Dean, my future Beta, sometimes gets stuck with it as well.

I know that I should be happy; I have absolutely everything anyone could ever want. A high-ranking family, money, an awesome group of friends, a life full of potential... but the stress of being the Alpha's son does quite often get in the way of all the other stuff.

And then there's the whole 'mate' thing that I have to worry about. The pack expects me to find some awesome and amazing mate who can do absolutely everything that my mother can do and more. Lucy is definitely not that girl. She's too weak, too small, and too quiet. She'd never be able to help run the pack.

I had to reject her, it just wasn't possible. There's no way in hell an Omega could fulfill the duties of a Luna. Keeping order, making plans, keeping the house tidy, raising children, generally helping... it's just not something she could do.

I haven't told anyone about the whole predestined mates situation, and I'm not planning to either, the entire pack would go mental if they found out and that is something I definitely do not need right now.

Of course, I doubt my parents would be bothered, in fact, they'd probably be ecstatic if they found out.

Even if she completely betrayed the entire pack I doubt that they'd hate that girl. No matter how many times I try and convince them, her ranking doesn't matter to them one bit. Which, in a way, is probably kind of weird seeing as they're to two highest ranking wolves in a pack that absolutely hates the girl, but, considering the fact that they've known Lucy since birth and were good friends with her parents, it's kind of understandable why their views on her can't be tainted.

"There have been sightings of rogue activity in the area, and that's a big problem," my dad says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

He's right that is a big problem.

"How many?" I ask, sitting up and looking at him.

"We've spotted about four, but I think there might be a few more than that."

Yep, definitely a big big problem...

"Where have they been spotted?"

"Along the border of our pack's territory, and a few of the neighbouring packs have spotted them as well."

"So, what are we going to do?" I ask.

"Find them, and then find out what they're up to."

"And how exactly are we going to do that?"

"I've got a plan but we'll need help. Whatever's going on can't be good; rouge's don't usually travel in groups of more than two. I'm worried that they might be planning something, which means we have to find them ASAP."

"So what's the plan?" I ask.

"We need to get a hunting group together, we'll need both hunters and trackers, and we'll also need someone who knows the forest."

"We all know the forest, dad," I say.

"No, I mean the whole forest, not just our territory or neighbouring pack territory, we need someone who knows the unclaimed territory as well."

"But no one knows the unclaimed territory that well... people just don't go out there after..." I fall silent, deciding last minute to not bring it up.

Since the rogue ambush that killed many of our own, including Lucy's parents, nobody ventures off too far from claimed territory... it's just an unspoken rule for if you want to stay safe.

"I know, and that's where the biggest problem is, finding someone who knows the forest as well as the back of their hand."

Just then, the door opens and Beta Wayne and Dean enter the room.

Dad quickly fills them in on the current situation as I sit back and tune out.

Rogue's in the area? If the pack finds out about this then people are going to freak. We haven't had rogue problems in years... eleven years to be exact, so we thought they'd left us alone. Why the hell are they bothering us now?

"Well, to be honest... there's really only one person I can think of who might be able to help us with the unclaimed territory..." Wayne says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Who?" I ask.

"Lucy Jacobs."

(So, two chapters in one day, eh? Okay, so I know this chapter's short which is why I decided to post it today instead of tomorrow. The way I see it, I could either give you a really short chapter tomorrow, or be awesome and post two today. So, yeah, that's what I did haha. I'm not really sure of what I think about this chapter, it's not exactly one of my best, but I hope you enjoy it anyways. Don't forget to leave a Vote/Comment if you like this story, it'll really help me out. Thanks!)