Chapter 5

I walk into the kitchen, and open the fridge. It's as empty as the desert. I slam it closed again, and walk into the living room. 

"GUARDIANS!" I yell, plopping down on the couch. Everyone runs into the room, and looks around frantically. 

"What?" Bunnymund asks.

"We ran out of food!" 

"THERE'S NO MORE CARROTS?!" Bunny yells, with a look of panic.

"No!"

"Relax, we can just go to a market and get more food." Jack points out.

"Oh right... forgot about that." 

"Let's go!!" Tooth squeals and rushes out the door, dragging me with her. 

"WAIT! I need to get dressed! I'm still in my pajamas!"

"Oh! Sorry!" 

-- Time Skip --

We walk into the nearest Walmart, and Jack flies around. 

"What is this place?" he asks.

"It's a store. Walmart."

"Walrus?"

"No, Walmart."

"Walnut?"

I sighed. "Just... just look for stuff to eat..." 

He nods and flies down the isle. I immediately go to the candy isle, picking up a pack of f/c [Favorite candy].  I walk to the frozen area and get a couple gallons of ice cream, and some frozen pizzas. 

"Ohh, so sad! Drowning yourself in ice cream, I see." A bratty voice says, and I grimace. 

"What do you want, E/N?" [Enemy's name].

"Oh, nothing at all! Well, at least nothing you have. You're too poor to have anything." 

"I'm just going to ignore you..." I turn away, and walk to the baking isle. She follows me all the way there. 

"Once a loser, always a loser." 

My eye twitches, but I keep on walking. 

"Just like the rest of your family. Oh, wait, they're dead!" 

I turn on my heels to face her, sending death glares. 

"Never insult my family! You can steal my boyfriend, you can bully me forever, but that just crosses a line!" I snap, moving closer to her. I jab my finger to her chest. "If I hear one more peep out of you about my family, you will never see the end of the day." 

I quickly grab the pancake mix from the shelf, and leave her in my dust. I push the basket towards the meeting place. Bunny is already there, holding what seems like 50 bags of carrots. I scowl.

"You're not leaving without all of them, aren't you?" 

"Nope." 

I groan, and wait for everyone else. Suddenly, Jack appears in front of me. I yelp and jump back, clutching my heart.

"Don't ever do that again!" I squeak. 

He just grins. 

"I got popsicles. And some coffee."

"Trust me, you already have enough energy..." I mumble. 

"Here, Jack." Bunny dumps all of the carrot bags onto Jack, who falls under the weight. I can't help but laugh at his expression. 

"REALLY?!" he yells at Bunny. 

"THAT'S RIGHT FROSTY!"

"GET THEM OFF ME!"

"Hmmmm, no, I don't really want to."

"Bunny..."

"Yes, mate?"

"Don't call me mate."

"Alright, mate."

Jack rolls his eyes, and then looks at me. 

"Little help?"

"Oh, right!" I bend over, and start lugging backs of carrots off Jack. After a few minutes, all the bags were back in Bunny's arms, and Jack stood up, glaring at him. 

He stood up only to be tackled back to the ground.

"OH COME ON." Jack yells again, and then sees the small brown-haired boy smiling down at him.

"Jack!!!"

"Jamie?"

"You're back!!" Jamie hops up, and starts running around. Jack laughs and stands up again.

And is tackled again.

This time by a smaller girl with blonde hair and green eyes. Hair dangles over her eyes, and she freaks when she sees Bunnymund. 

"Bunny! Bunny! Bunny!"

"Hey, she actually thinks your not a kangaroo! That's a first!" Jack laughs. 

North walks in holding a couple bags of cookies. How did I not see that coming? Tooth also flies in with a bunch of.... floss. I decide not to argue. Sandy floats in last, holding macaroni and cheese boxes. 

"Oh, hey, Jamie!" Tooth says happily. 

"Hi!" 

"What are you doing here alone?"

"My mom's checking out right now."

"Oh."

Jack whispers something to Jamie and hands him a snowball. Jamie smiles and then hurls it at Bunny. They both break out laughing when they see Bunny's face. 

"I hope you run fast, Frosty." Bunny muttered, wiping the snow off of his face. 

Jack raised his eyebrow, then threw another snowball at Bunny. He grabbed Jamie's hand and flew away with the boy.

"........ Is that safe?" I ask North.

"Ehhhh."

I take off running after Jack. He's a bit clumsy like me, so I don't exactly trust him flying with Jamie all that much. 

"Jack!!"

"Yeah?"

"Don't drop Jamie!"

"I'm not going to drop him! I'm not as clumsy as you are!" He laughed and then increased his speed. 

"JACK!" Bunny and I yell at the same time.

"WATCH OUT JACK!" Jamie yells at Jack, who isn't paying attention to where he is flying. Jack looks in front of him just in time to stop before flying into a wall. 

I slow down, putting my hands on my knees, breathing heavily.

"Well, that was more running than I've done in the past year..." I breath out, catching my breath. 

Jack puts Jamie back on the ground. "You ok?"

"THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" Jamie screeches.