Chapter 64

A/N: I've got an entire week off work! So guess who's finishing this story?! Next chapter is the end!!! :O

--------

Rachel's POV

"Okay so I'll see you in a few days then?" Alex said as he picked up the small suitcase he had waiting by the front door of our shared place.

"Yeah, are you sure you dont want me to drive you to the airport?" I asked.

"That's fine, the Uber I called for is just around the corner"

"Okay, have a good time. Text me when you land safely" I opened my arms for Alex as he grabbed me in a hug, then gave me a kiss goodbye.

"See ya soon babe." With that, he was out the door.

—————

Saturday April 29 2017

Alex just left for the airport. Since the band decided to take a few days off from recording their new album, he was asked to work on some songs with the band State Champs. They had asked him to help write some of their songs while they were working in a studio just outside of Chicago.

Oh, I miss that town. Although I grew up in Lincoln in Illinois which is a few hours outside of the city of Chicago, we would go on small trips into the exciting city. Mostly to watch baseball games or see concerts. So to say that I'm jealous that I' m not going there with Alex is a huge understatement. I told him that if he had some spare time to go visit my parents if he wanted to. I've talked endlessly to them about how great he is, so they know how good of a guy he is for me.

As for me? I'll just be home for the next couple of days. Maybe I'll meet up with Cass one day.

———————

Alex's POV

Ah, Chicago. One of the best cities the band and I have played in. The fans just seem so passionate here. I was excited to be in a great city and working with some rad guys. State Champs have been getting more popular lately, which is great to hear. We've played many shows with them so far and have become pretty good friends, so I'm happy people are responding to their awesome music.

I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket as I waited outside of the airport for a taxi.

I quickly texted Rachel:

Landed safely. Wish you were here with me, I'm on my way to start working with State Champs. I'll text you later tonight. <3

Once I was in a taxi and on my way to the destination I got a reply from her: Have fun! Go write some hit songs! :)

I settled into my seat and put in my earbuds, listening to Bayside's most recent album, preparing myself for the bit of a drive I was about to sit through.

——————

It was just about 2 and a half hours later when I was paying the taxi driver and exiting the vehicle with my suitcase. The place seemed familiar, it had been a while since I was here. It feels like forever actually. I checked the note I had left in my phone to confirm the address on the building to make sure it was the right place, then proceeded to the door.

They had said that I could just walk right in when I had arrived, but I felt a little strange doing so. So I had knocked on the door and waited.

"Alex! Great to see you man!"

"How's it going Mr. Garcia?" I smiled lightly as I was greeted by a familiar face.

He shook my hand and motioned for me to enter, "come on in."