Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

He left me alone for sometime. I was enjoying his lesson far more than I had thought I would and I had learned a new technique which was making my drawings look much more real. He was much better than last year's teacher. I looked up to look at him. He didn't notice as he was looking at the essays and correcting. He was chewing on his pen, his black hair falling lightly on his face. He was looking so damned sexy. I couldn't believe what I was feeling. I had known this person for barely 2 hours and he had already filled my thoughts. Even my body responded in a way it had never done before. When he held my hand I had felt a spark between us. I wondered if he had noticed. I was still staring at him and I was so lost thinking that I didn't realise he was looking at me.

"Daydreaming Cassy?" he asked me gingerly.

"What?" Oh no, I'm... I'm sorry I was just thinking."

"About?" he insisted.

"Personal things," I replied vaguely. Fortunately, he didn't press it. I was relieved.

"Have you finished?" he asked instead. I nodded.

"Good. Can you come and show me your work then?"

His intense gaze was still on me and I felt myself getting warmer. I nervously stood up and tried walking towards him but my legs were feeling weak. I stumbled slowly towards his desk and was so distracted that I didn't see his briefcase lying down on the floor. I tripped and fell down on him. He promptly caught my waist so that I wouldn't bump my head against his desk, but by doing that my face ended in the crook of his neck. My hands were on his thighs and for an instant, I froze. I couldn't move. How could I face him now? I had never been this close to him. He must have frozen as well as for a moment he didn't move. We stayed in this position for what seemed like an eternity until I felt his hands squeeze my waist and he pulled me up.
"Are you OK?" he asked softly.

I couldn't speak. Why all of this was happening to me? I gleefully noticed that he hadn't let go of me. He was still holding my waist.

"Cassy?" Say something." He was looking closely at my face now, his expression intent.
How could I? For God's sake, he was my teacher and my brain was thinking only about one thing: kissing him. at that moment someone knocked at the door. Mr Spencer pulled his hands away from me.

"Cassy go and sit down." He ordered. I obeyed.

"Come in." His voice sounded strange. It was as if he wasn't his normal confident self. Was he frightened? The door opened and the principal, Mr Daniels came in.

"Good morning Mr Spencer." He said with a smile on his face. Mr Daniels was a nice man in his forties. He was a good principal, strict but very down to earth.

"Good morning Mr Daniels, can I help you?" asked Mr Spencer fighting hard to compose himself.
"Oh. I just wanted to check that everything is all right here. Can I speak to Ms Hastley for a moment please?" asked Mr Daniels.

"Of Course." said Mr Spencer. He was looking a bit better now.

"Please come outside Cassidy." I nodded and followed Mr Daniels out of the room. I wondered why he wanted to talk to me. I hoped I wasn't in trouble. I closed the door and waited for Mr Daniel's to say something. He looked at me strangely and seemed very uncomfortable and reluctant to start the conversation. I was very worried. What if he was here because of what I had said in class this morning to Mr Spencer?

"Listen Cassidy. I know it's not a simple situation but-" he paused, trying to find the right words. Then he continued, his expression serious. "Are you comfortable with Mr Spencer?"