Chapter||1

Please enjoy my story!!!
Don't be a silent reader!!

"Lex, get up." My older brother Tyler commanded.

I groaned as I put my pillow over my face.

"Lex. Get. Up." He enunciated every word he spoke.

"Why?" I asked as I continued to stuff my face into my pillow.

"The Johnson's? Your trial? In an hour? Ring any bells?" He asked.

"Crap." I said.

Today I had a babysitting trial with Ms. Johnson's children. It was a Saturday in March, and I needed the money for a trip I wanted to take over the summer.

My older brother, Tyler was a year older than me. We were in the same grade because in 7th grade he was held back because his grades slipped. Tyler already had a full scholarship to Auburn for football. I had a half-ride because of my grades, but I wanted to save up money so I could go back-packing in Europe with my best friends, Sebastian and Lucy.

Most people mistook us for twins. We were both tall, and I shared his dirty blonde hair and tanned skin. The only difference was our eyes. His were blue, and mine were green.

Despite most siblings having an on-going feud, Tyler and I were practically best sibling friends. That's why he was waking me up on time, either that or he needed something.

So after I got ready, I walked downstairs to where he had made me pancakes. Something was up.

"What do you want Ty ty?" I asked.

"Shut up Lex." He mumbled, "I'm going to a party tonight, can you pick me up."

"Sure." I sighed.

Tyler always went to parties, got drunk out of his mind, fell into a pool, and called me to pick him up.

I had an extra set of his clothes and a towel for him in my car at all times just in case.

"Thanks sis, you're the best." He said and patted my shoulder. Then, he was gone.

"Of course." I muttered under my breath.

The Johnson's house was a ten minute drive from my house, so I walked outside and got in my car.

As I rode in the car, I began to get nervous. I needed this job. My parents were paying for the plane ticket, but I needed money for everything else.

Ms. Johnson had three children.

Hallie, age 5, in kindergarten.

Cal, age 14, a high school freshman.

Lastly, Jace. Jace was my age. A senior. He was the school's bad boy, and unfortunately for me, I was babysitting the bad boy's little siblings.

My job was pretty complex. Ms. Johnson was traveling to San Francisco to set up another buisness. It would take a month to set up, and she was staying for another month and a half to make sure it was doing all right.

I was being paid very handsomely for this job, and by the time it ended, the beginning of June, I would be well off on my way to Europe.

When I arrived, I smoothed out imaginary wrinkles on my clothes and rang the doorbell. A cute girl, with curly brown hair answered it.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Alexis,  call me Lex." I said and stuck my hand out for her to shake.

This was the moment of truth, she stared at my hand, and glanced up at me warily before a slow grin overtook her face.

"Hi, I'm Hallie. Come on in." She said and grabbed my hand, dragging me in. "Call me Hal, I like nicknames Lex. Do you like nicknames? Can we go play?"

"Actually, I need to find your mom." I said.

"Oh she's around. Come on Lex, let's play!" Hallie said.

She dragged me up the stairs when we passed who I assumed was Cal.

"Hallie, leave the new babysitter alone." He chided.

"It's Hal!!" She screamed back at him.

"Ok, Hallie." He replied tauntingly.

"Stop it!" She screamed.

"Shhh it's ok, Hal." I said and picked her up, cradling her in my arms.

"Cal, don't be mean to your sister." I reprimanded.

"Woah, how do you know my name?" He asked.

"I'm babysitting you, remember?" I asked.

"Right, what's your name beautiful?" He asked.

"Smooth, Cal. Real smooth." I replied.

Down the hallway, a door slammed and I looked up to see none other than Jace Johnson.

He looked me up and down, "Ugh," he said and walked by us.

"Excuse me?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"What?" He asked with a smirk as he turned around. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"I tried, but my camera melted from the ugliness." I replied with a sneer.

He smirked a bit and then turned around proceeding down the steps. I rolled my eyes.

"Congratulations!" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned to see Ms. Johnson. "You passed the tests."

"Tests?" I asked.

"Hallie likes you, Cal likes you, and you showed Jace some attitude. Most other girls flirt with him and forget about the kids." She said with a wink.

"Oh, uh yeah, sorry about that." I said sheepishly.

"It's no problem. Anyways, I'm leaving for San Francisco on Monday." She replied.

Today was Saturday.

"Jace has soccer practice on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons till 7, and morning practices on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If it makes things easier you can spend the night on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday so you'll be here in the morning. Jace drives himself and Hallie rides the bus, so if you bring Cal to school with you you'll be good."

"Alright." I said smiling politely.

"Oh, and Hallie has soccer practice on Monday from 5:30-6:30, her games are on Saturday at 11 am. Cal has lacrosse Tuesday and Thursday after school, so Jace can drive him home while you take care of Hallie. Am I forgetting anything?" She asked herself and tapped her head, "I'll leave a list of everything you need to do, and call me if you need me. So I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes you will." I replied and smiled brightly.

"Will you be spending the night?" She asked. "If not, Jace can handle things past nine o'clock." She reassured.

I didn't want to sleep in the same house as Jace Johnson so I nicely declined, then I drove home.

I ran up to my room and collapsed on my bed. The rest of the year would be eventful.

Sequel to The Babysitter is out now! Add it to your reading lists <3