Chapter Three: Plan

Ding! Dong! Ding!

My forehead creased as I look outside the store. If i'm not mistaken.

"You're right dearie. That's the sound of the Red Bell being rang by our mayor."

Red Bell. A bell that signifies an impending doom is coming.

Immediately, all the customers inside the restaurant stood up and was looking outside, confusion written on their faces.

"Excuse me."

A twenty something businessman walks up to the counter and looked at Grandma Jill.

"Yes?"

"What's the bell all about?"

I cocked an eyebrow, "You're not from here?"

The businessman nodded, "Yes. I'm only here to visit my grandparents."

"Well look here sonny. That bell is called Red Bell. The mayor only uses it to signal the people to get ready."

"Ready for what?" asked the businessman, his forehead covered in sweat and his hands shaking.

Grandma Jill's tone took a sinister edge, "To get ready for an impending doom! Haha!" After that, she started laughing in a craze manner.

Scared, the businessman scrambled to ran to the exit.

"Come on, let's go to the town square." I beckoned to the three.

I looked at Grandma Jill, "Aren't you coming?"

"Nah. I'm busy with my customer here."

I looked around the restaurant. The only customer inside here beside us three is a little kid eating a sundae happily.

My lips started twicthing.

"Seriously?"

Grandma Jill nodded and winked, "I'll deliver your orders later. With extra charges."

"Hey!-

Before I can protest, a sparkling white mist surrounded us and suddenly we got teleported to the town square in a split second.

I grumbled. Grandma Jill used a spell called 'Smoke Screen' which can teleport us to a place the chanter wants. Only witches and wizards above the level H can conjure that spell.

I didn't bother checking the three leaders and instantly looked at the stage seriously, where Venus-sama is talking. With the use of the spell called 'Sound Amp', Venus-sama's voice is heard clearly despite the noise the crowd is making.

"People of Epiphyllum, I know all of you are confused and scared on why I used the Red Bell. It's simple, a powerful demon has entered our peaceful town. And as mayor, I prioritized the safety of my townsfolk so that's why I've called all of you here to inform you all to prepare and evacuate."

The crowd started to panic. Venus-sama only stomped her foot and an earpiercing boom is heard over the town square which made the people shut up.

"Please don't panic. I've already made a plan. And if all of you cooperate, all of you will be safe."

The crowd nodded vigorously.

"First, prepare the things that you will need for the evacuation to a town called Bluebells. Although a few miles away from here, the mayor there agreed to take Epiphyllum under its wing for a few days."

One of the people in the crowd raised his right hand. Venus-sama only nodded, willing to answer the guy's question.

"What about our safety? Surely, we'll encounter some monsters on the way."