Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Shannon's P.O.V:

I felt happy and carefree as I started back to the apartment. I had a goofy smile on my face as I practically skipped back the way I'd come. I probably looked really stupid, but at the moment I didn't care, I was in such a good mood.  

I checked my phone; I'd been out exploring for almost two hours. Wow, time had really flown past. I had walked around the whole campus, going into all the buildings and peeking into all the classes.  

The whole place was surrounded by the mixed aroma of turpentine, paint and new paper. I loved it. I couldn't wait for my supplies to get here with the rest of my stuff tomorrow.  

I was nervous about the start of classes, but excited at the same time. I couldn't wait to do something I loved all the time. All throughout my last two years in Secondary school I'd been counting down the months till I could graduate and go to college...and most importantly drop all the subjects I hated like maths and biology.  

I was finally independent and though I loved my family - and I knew I'd miss them a lot - I was happy to have moved out.  

As I got older the house seemed to get more crowded with five people living in it. It'd gotten easier when both my brothers moved out but I had still started to fight with my mum more often. But now I was free and officially a college student (even if I didn't feel like one yet!).

I looked at everything as I walked back, drinking in the sights and sounds, desperate to get a feel for the place, as if I'd be gone tomorrow.  

There were lots of people wandering around with boxes in their arms and groups of people talking, laughing and hugging each other. I was just like them...except without friends, but it was only a matter of time I thought cheerfully...well, hopefully anyway.  

I wouldn't let the thought of being a loner put a dampener on my good mood though.

When I finally got back to the apartment, I searched my pockets for my keys. I couldn't find them. I mentally slapped myself on the forehead. I must've left them in my room when I'd gone out earlier.  

Crossing the fingers of my left hand, I raised my right to knock on the door; hoping my elusive roommate had made an appearance.  

I squeezed my eyes shut.  

Please let her have arrived I mentally begged, please God don't leave me sitting out here like a loser...I refused to even think about the possibility of going back to the office to see if the bitch receptionist had a spare.

I breathed out a sigh of relief as I heard footsteps on the other side of the door.  

I still had my eyes shut when I heard the door open.  

I heard the sound of a throat being cleared.  

The voice sounded strangely...male?  

Well that can't be right I thought.  

I opened my eyes to look at the person standing in front of me.

Wait.....what?

****************************************************

Ok so here's Chapter 3...I hope you like it...  

It's probably really predictable at this point 

Sorry it's so short but I wanted to end it there...

Kaz xoxo