Alive

Draco snapped his eyes open. The ache was Harry. What was wrong with Harry? Draco used every ounce of his pathetic energy to force himself up. His body was burning with every move of his muscles. It was like he was swimming with weights. It was a battle just to move. He could still hear crying and loud voices. He wanted them to shut the fuck up. They were so loud. Draco's legs were going numb, he tried shifting them but something was weighing them down. He looked down and was startled to see Harry passed out on him.

            Draco gritted his teeth and forced his body to move. Draco reached out a shaky hand to touch Harry's cheek. Harry's eyes opened at the contact and widened upon seeing Draco which confused him. Why was Harry surprised to see him? Draco opened his mouth to say something but the bond reawakened with such force it took his breath away. What had caused it to disappear in the first place? What had happened?

            They both closed their eyes when their souls started singing their joy at being reunited again. The pitch was almost too high, Draco wondered if it could break glass. But the sheer joy made up for the loud wailing of it. Draco could feel Harry's soul caressing every single part of him. Inside and out. Harry's soul felt beautiful, it was one of the most intimate touches of his life. Harry's soul didn't want to leave him but Draco needed his soul back. The contact was beautiful but it was too much. He needed his soul to himself back. He reached out with his feelings and gave the biggest mental hug he could muster, hoping that Harry's magic and soul would retract back into his fiancés body.

            With one last caress that made Draco shiver, Harry's soul and magic slowly left him and joined back with its owner. Draco smiled when all he could feel was his own core and the bond. 

            Harry gasped when the bond reopened. He had felt the brief loss of his soul as it reached out to Draco. That had been an odd feeling. There was an emptiness that his souls absence had left but the knowledge that it had gone to Draco made up for the weird experience. His core was singing in joy to be reunited with Draco. The pure euephoria that the souls were releasing made Harry want to smile but he couldn't shake what had just happened.

Harry could feel so much confusion from Draco and a lot of physical pain. He wondered what Draco was thinking about this. Did he know that he died? Draco closed his eyes at the depths of sorrow that Harry was feeling. Merlin, he could drown in it. It was so strong and so deep. What was wrong? What could have happened to Harry for this much grief to overwhelm him?

            "Why are you sad?" Draco's throat was raspy and it cracked. He wrinkled his nose. What the hell happened to him? He felt like he had been trampled by a rampaging hippogriff. He tied to remember what had happened before this but everything was a little fuzzy. He could remember coming home to Harry being nervous and then Harry said he was angry but Draco couldn't remember much after that. There was some pain but from where he couldn't remember.

            More sorrow wafted through the bond and tears came streaming down Harry's face. Draco didn't like this one bit. He pulled Harry up and till they were wrapped around each other.

            Draco wiped Harry's tears with gentle fingers. Harry shuddered at the touch. He had thought that he would never feel those hands again. Never see the grey eyes that he loved so much. Never hear Draco's sweet drawl. Never hear his awful humor. Never again feel the love that Draco held for him.

            "Hey what's the matter love? I can feel such sadness." Harry clenched Draco to him and sobbed. Draco ran his fingers through Harry's hair. "Whatever it is we will figure it out. Okay? I love you." Harry let out a wail at Draco's words. Fuck. To hear the words after thinking he would never hear them again was too much.