v.

Before I start, I'd like to let you guys know that I will give shoutouts to dedicated commenters! Anywho, back to the story!

     "Sir, I assure you, Dr. Burke will do everything in his power to ensure your surgery works. It's a fairly simple procedure," Hadley Andrews assures her patient, a fifty-three year old man with heart problems.

     "Thank you, Dr. Andrews," he says as she leaves the room.

     Shutting the door behind her, Hadley takes a deep breath. The patient was annoying. He expressed his worry thoroughly, requesting for Hadley to answer each and every question he had.

     "Dr. Andrews!" A familiar voice exclaims to the intern's right. She turns her head, smiling at the person. Phillip Jackson sits before her in a wheelchair. He wears a loose, navy t-shirt and blue jeans. His friend, Greyson stands behind him with a grip on the handles of the chair.

     "Mr. Jackson! Leaving?"

     "Yes ma'am," the ex-military man smiles, leaning back in his wheelchair. "I wanted to say goodbye."

      "I'm going to miss having someone to rant to," Hadley laughs, slowly rubbing her arm.

     "Well, need to clear your head?"

     "Nope, today's been pretty laid back."

     A silence falls between the pair. Phillip states at Hadley as she looks at her grey tennis shoes. The patient's friend places a hand firmly on his shoulder before nodding his head at he intern.

     "Go for it," Greyson mouths.

     Phillip bites his lip, looking at the shy intern. He sighs and looks up to Hadley, holding out his phone.

"Can I get your number?"

Hadley looks around, keeping an eye out for wandering eyes. When she sees that no one is looking, she takes the phone out of the man'a hands and types out the number she has had since she was a teenager and got her first cellular phone.

She holds the phone out to the discharged patient with a smile.

"I'll be texting you soon," Phillip winks as his friend pushes him off.

Hadley steps back, allowing her shoulders to lean against the neutral walls and takes deep breaths. Is this how a relationship starts? Hadley's head is taken over by these types of thoughts. She has never been in a relationship. The closest she has had to a boyfriend is Ryan Peterson in second grade, but that turned out to be a total flop. Everyone had an elementary school relationship. Maybe they held hands and thought that meant something big, or maybe they kissed momentarily and then broke out because of cooties. Hadley remembers her first--and last--boyfriend very clearly. He had written young Hadley a misspelt note, and with a slight giggle and nod, they were a couple. It didn't last long though. Three days later, Ryan was holding hands with Melody Cartwright on the playground. Melody and Ryan dated off and on through junior high and high school until Melody got pregnant. Ryan had left Melody for the girl that he had been cheating on her with and was soon known as the school player. Hadley is embarrassed to be the first girl Ryan Peterson played. She likes to think that is what turned her away from relationships.

"You alright there, Dr. Andrews?" A man questions, knocking Hadley out of her trance. She stares at the man. It is Alex Karev, the annoying intern that she had spoken to in the elevator the day before.

"Uh, what?" She questions, stumbling over her words.

"You okay?" He tries again, squinting his eyes at the girl. Hadley nods her head.

     "Just thinking about some stuff," Dr. Andrews tells her fellow intern, running a hand through her hair.

     Dr. Karev smirks, "You going to get some from the soldier with no appendix? Remember to go easy on him." The cocky doctor winks.

"Shut up, Karev. I was, uh, giving him my number to follow up?" She lies, stumbling over her words.

"Tell you what, girlie, kiss me and no one finds out."

Hadley freezes. She can feel her jaw drop. What is he doing? Is this some kind of blackmail?

"Nice try. You won't touch me," Hadley snaps, her voice wavering.

"I'm sure Chief Webber would love to know that an intern is already having relationships with patients after not even a week. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't fire you," Alex tells the female doctor with a chuckle.

"You wouldn't. Alex, please. Just let it go," Dr. Andrews begs, her fingers tracing her scar as her nerves run wild.

Alex bites his lip, staring at the terrified girl. Her dark hair is tied in a low bun, and she wears blue scrubs with a white, long sleeved tee underneath.

Hadley's eyes are locked on the man who seems to tower over her cowardly frame. She gulps as she watches his lip in between his white teeth.

"Okay, fine!" Hadley gives in, squeezing at the puckered scars still hidden beneath her shirt. With a smile, Alex pulls the female intern into the on-call room.

Dr. Andrews trembles as the man steps towards her. Her eyes are locked on his lips and her mind races. She begins to remember all of the romantic movies she has seen. The kisses were slow, and people seemed to savor them. Will it hurt? She questions, now tracing her scars. They seem to be the only thing keeping Hadley locked into reality.

Time slows as the man cups the girl's jaw with one hand and puts the other behind her neck. He lets his lips touch Hadley's. She doesn't know what to do. She stays still, allowing Alex to take away her first kiss. He pulls away a bit though.

"Now that's not fair," he mumbles against her lips "Kiss me back."

The gap closes against the pair again as Hadley moves into the kiss slowly. She feels so awkward, but at the same time the kiss feels like a calming electrical current. As Alex starts to pull away, the current disappears and Hadley is saddened. She can still feel his touch.

"I'll see you later," Alex smirks, leaving Hadley confused and longing his touch even more.

-------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so...interesting chapter. I honestly don't know how I got here but...I did. Hope you enjoyed!

Who do you ship?

Hadley and Alex?

Hadley and Phillip?

Someone else?

Let me know!! What do you think will happen next?

Also, new cover!!

Love you!
Maddy