Now He Knew My Name

.............................................................
Hiii!
Yep I know, I updated fast! To be quite honest I cheated on this a little. I had written like 60% of this chapter already, a few months ago.

I hope you enjoy this! The song for this would be, once again, "Like This", but as it was already for another chapter, I'm going to just link a video of him singing it live. (Which was the most beautiful thing to experience. Really, Shawn performing live os just a whole new level I can't describe)

Enjoy :)
Xxx,
Sara
.............................................................

Sadie's POV:

I went to London with my parents, and I had loads of fun. We did all sorts of stuff, from going on the London Eye to seeing the Harry Potter play, visiting Bath and also my mum's hometown, which I never had visited before. It was so cold during our stay there, in which many of the days, snow fell.

And I absolutely loved it. I was definitely a cold lover.

But meanwhile, as we did all the stuff in London, I always had one thing on my mind: whether I was going to meet up with Shawn or not.

I really didn't want to ruin things, I liked how it was right now. We were great friends and I had my best friend back.

However, even though my mind told me not to go, my heart took control over me the day before the show.

The dreaded day arrived. Today I was going to go to Shawn's concert, and then talk to him personally for the first time since we broke up.

I honestly didn't know how it would go. I was scared of what would happen, if I would slip and say something stupid, like the fact that I still love him. Then he would turn me down, and it would be the heartbreak all over again. However, I also felt like the encounter would be awkward, made up of us mainly making small talk. It would be sad, since we had gone from telling each other everything to talking as if we were strangers. We were fine texting each other, but I knew that face to face it would be completely different.

"Violet, do you think I am making the right decision? In going today?" I ask her, as I check out my final outfit in front of the mirror. I was wearing light blue high waisted skinny jeans with a white shirt, and a pair of black ankle boots. My hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, my wavy hair cascading down my neck. I don't know what was it, but I could feel that there was something different about me since the last time I was with him. I actually was happy with my hair, and just comfortable in my own skin.

It actually felt good.

"Sadie, you are the only one that can say this." She says with an apologetic look, and I take a deep breath and nod. "But hey, we are also going to have fun tonight! History with him or not, you are a fan of his music, and you haven't had so much fun since... since like months! So enjoy."

I smile at her, knowing that she was correct. "You're right Violet. So, let's get going then?"

I get my phone and ask for a taxi, as unfortunately none of us could drive yet, and none of our parents could or felt like taking us. We had no problem with that, though.

We arrived at the arena, and there was a long queue to enter. I decided to bring Violet with me, as she was the friend that had been most with me in this Shawn Mendes obesession when it started. Girls chattered away animatedly everywhere, the majority wearing Shawn's merch, some even with face paint. As we walked towards the end of the line, I could feel eyes on me, and I heard my name in between some conversations.