nineteen

"Don't know what?" Draco asked Luna.

"Well, I didn't know you don't know about you and Hermione... For once she called you a beast and so I thought maybe it was something intimate"

"What do you mean?" Draco furrowed his brows.

"I don't think I should be the one telling you, Draco... Perhaps you should go ask Hermione herself" she grinned.

"Luna just tell me.. I'm sure Hermione wouldn't mind."

"Just tell me, Luna"

"Well I'm still confused but from what I thought you and Hermione are dating, hence the name calling Hermione give you."

"Name calling?"

"She calls you a beast, right?"

Draco's eyes widened in shock, Luna must've thought it all wrong, or maybe Hermione had to say it in order for Luna not to know they were hanging out.

"I think you got it all wrong, Luna" Draco let out a short laugh but Luna just shrugged and said, "I really don't know what you two are up to, really. But I overheard Hermione talking about you"

"Really?" He smirked.

"I'm not supposed to say this to you, because I'm not sure if it's real. I really do suggest you go ask Hermione"

"Luna.." Draco pleaded. "Okay, Hermione was talking to Moaning Myrtle earlier this evening and she says she fancies you.. But I'm not sure if it's true" Draco's heart skipped a beat, leaving him speechless.

"Oh" said Draco, looking down and licking his lips. "Malfoy, come on! Quidditch practice!" Blaise yelled out from a distance. "Have to go" Draco said.

"All right, it was nice to see you again, Draco" and Luna went back to the party.

The rest of the night were full of chatting and dancing and then Slughorn thought it would be nice to put out a slow, love song for a little while to get the people in the spirit.

Rolf and Luna were still chatting on the side and Neville was on the corner eating cake and feeling a pang of hurt seeing them happy.

Rolf had finally left, shaking Luna's hand and embracing her afterwards. It was not long until Luna decided to look for somebody, and then she caught Neville staring at her. She smiled at him eating cake and frostings were around his mouth.

She walked towards him as Neville gulped down the cake, he wipes off the frosting from his face and said, "Hi Luna, had fun with Rolf?" He said sarcastically.

"I did. I told him all about you, you know?" Said Luna. Neville was left speechless.

"People are dancing, Neville. Care to join in?" She asked, giving him a hand, as Neville's lips curved into a smile and took her hand to the dance floor.

Luna placed her hands around his neck and Neville puts his hands around her waist as they began swaying in with the music. Harry and Ginny were dancing too, except for Ron and Hermione who were practically in a table, Hermione had fallen asleep after drinking too much firewhiskey and Ron only watched her across the rounded table, sighing.

Romilda walked towards Ron to ask him if he wanted to dance but he politely shook his head and said, "sorry, I'm not in the mood" as he sinks down on his chair.

Luna and Neville apparently stole the show, making them the center of attraction at the floor, everyone was smiling and squealing.